FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

put your "tolerance" to the test

I'd be least tolerant of
A pedophile living next door to me an interacting with my preteen children
89%
 89%  [ 17 ]
explicit training videos in my childs sex promotion classes
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I'm tolerant of all evil actions despite the harm inflicted to myself, my children, and others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

gonzo
So.... tolerance is the premier "virtue" is it? Great.. which of these would you be LEAST tolerant of:

.. and why would you be INtolerant at all?
niagarasoup
i don't know that tolerance is necessarily a virtue, in some cases...there are times when you need to NOT tolerate something that is essentially wrong. the example of "faggot activism", for example, is a prime example of non-tolerance, and it's not something that *i* believe should be tolerated, or allowed to happen. bigotry and prejudice are something that everyone has a right to have, if they so choose, but they shouldn't be allowed (let alone should it be allowed to be MANDATORY) to inflict harm, emotional OR physical, on others. a pedophile living next door to me and my children? ummm...no. it's one thing for someone with an incident YEARS ago, who is "recovered" or whatever, to go about living his or her life...they've got to somewhere, right? but interacting with MY children? part of the recovery process for an actual PEDOPHILE is NOT interacting with children. otherwise, they're violating their recovery process. it's like being an alcoholic...if you're "recovered", why would you even tempt yourself by hanging out in bars, if you KNOW you don't have the self-control?

i don't know...just some random thoughts here. but the thought that i originally started out with was, some things SHOULD NOT be tolerated. some things are just wrong, and people should stand up to those things.
Bondings
Tolerant means accepting things that do not harm you nor other people.

Someone smoking next to me, does harm me, so I shouldn't tolerate this.
Someone smoking in his own house, doesn't harm me, so I should be tolerant.

At least this is my opinion about it.
PatTheGreat42
Is calling them faggots a good way to express one's tolerance? Or calling it evil?

I would not think you're too tolerant.
S3nd K3ys
Bondings wrote:
Tolerant means accepting things that do not harm you nor other people.

At least this is my opinion about it.

Actually, tolerant has nothing to do with the fact that it may or may not 'harm' you or other people.

From dictionary.com...

Quote:
1. Inclined to tolerate the beliefs, practices, or traits of others; forbearing. See Synonyms at broad-minded.
2. Able to withstand or endure an adverse environmental condition: plants tolerant of extreme heat.

My cat likes to sharpen it's claws on my leg when I get home, and often goes thru the jeans and peirces my leg. I am tolerant of that because I feel the cat is showing affection and didn't mean to hurt me.

The state of Washington DC has a ban on guns. While this doesn't affect me personally because I live 3,000 miles away, I am NOT tolerant of the fact that the 2nd Amendment has been butchered to allow this to happen.
Deji
"faggot activism at my child's highschool with mandatory faggot appreciation classes"

if you said that on any other internet forum you would be in trouble by now.

whats the point of this post if your just showing how intollerant you are of other people.

this is the reason we need a report a post button..

Bondings tbh im a bit worried that you just commented here and left that there.
S3nd K3ys
Deji wrote:
"faggot activism at my child's highschool with mandatory faggot appreciation classes"

whats the point of this post if your just showing how intollerant you are of other people.

Most "faggots" I know, (I know several), refer to themselves as "fags".
atomictoyz
I picked Choice number one. The other are already happening and do not cause real physical harm to the child and good parents can educate their children about all these things to reflect their own particular belief.

Preparation is key.

You can disagree with something and yet still tolerate it. Like getting a shot at the doctors office or colonoscopies.

I don't teach my kids that smoking and drinking is wrong but I tell them about the harmful effects if they choose to partake in those activites.

Having a pedophile rape your child/ren is devastating and will cause psycological damage to other generations and probably thier own children will become victims. In the area I live a formerly molest man tracked down 2 pedophiles living near him and shot them both. He snapped.

Please educate yourselves and then your children.

Peace,
Atomic
Bondings
Deji wrote:

Yeah sorry, I didn't pay too much attention to the options. I'm already used to gonzo using weird options, so if a I see a strange word I just skip it. (I have to admin that I had to search for the meaning of faggot)

Anyway, I removed that option because it was quite inappropriate to several members in here. Thank you Deji to remind me of doing this.
twisthigh
Wow, when I read test your tolerance, I thought it would be funny, but this was just a touchy subject, talking about gay people and pedophiles, I mean, why the oh-so-serious topic? Either way, I chose the pedophile on because I could not imagine that happening to my child (if I had one) that sort of thing ruins a person's life, and to have your entire life allready ruined for you at the age of 8 is just unfair!
HunnyBaby
uum i really dont have a problem with a training video in my kids sex education class... Like maybe its cause im sexually open but i think it wouldnt be a bad Idea I mean it wouldnt be a bad idea either but it wouldnt be the worst idea in the world.......
baxcb020
some one mentioned to me at school is it still wrong if the child agrees to the pedophillia ( no idea how to spell it) it sparked off a lot of contraversy ( still cant spell) and in the end me and my m8s all agreed we should slap joe the person who brought it up.

p.s by the way i think my m8 joe is a pedo Very Happy lol
soulman
I cannot belive everyone can tolerant a psycho guy live next door disturbing you little lovely daughter everyday....
joshua_erceg
Heh my little sister asked me what a tolerant was the other day.
So I tried explain - Would you care if someone farted in your bedroom...
so you don't tolerate that...would you mind if someone farted in their own room...
Anyway thats the way I see it (in a childish perspective) kind of like how Bondings said
Quote:
ronitvohra
I cant Tolerate " "

Oh I forgot............

Thts wht i cant..........Bad memory
qljune
Dun really understand why we should practise tolerance. I think we need understanding.. not tolerance. Personally, I view tolerance as turning a deaf ear to things that are not acceptable by our own personal standards. Pretty negative...
So, if it is not acceptable, either we sould stop it or try to understand why it is done. Tolerance is just a short-term solution to the problem.
charliehk
I think "tolerate" implies "accept", which makes me difficult to choose.
planet
I have no tolerance for the Paedophile!

Fortunately my kids (5) are all grown and can take care of themselves but should my grandkids (4 sofar) be bothered by one it would not be happening again.
taoman360
Quote:

My cat likes to sharpen it's claws on my leg when I get home, and often goes thru the jeans and peirces my leg. I am tolerant of that because I feel the cat is showing affection and didn't mean to hurt me.

The state of Washington DC has a ban on guns. While this doesn't affect me personally because I live 3,000 miles away, I am NOT tolerant of the fact that the 2nd Amendment has been butchered to allow this to happen.

Perfectly said. I agree

ps. not sure why the quote didn't work...the quote was from 'S3nd K3ys'
[FuN]goku
AHHHHH!! PEDAPHILES!!!
gonzo
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
I would not think you're too tolerant.

In the liberalese definition of tolerant I'm certainly not.