FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mafia II

Dementei

Mafia II
Jump into the late-'40s, early-'50s mob underworld with gunplay, driving, and mature narrative.
Release Date: 8/24/2010
Platforms: PC, PS3, XBOX360
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: 2K Games
Gamesite: http://www.mafia2game.com/
Genres: Action, Adventure, Shooter
ESRB: Mature - Blood; Intense Violence; Nudity; Sexual Content; Strong Language; Use of Drugs and Alcohol

>> DOWNLOAD THE DEMO! <<

Gameplay:
Quote:
The game will be set from 1945 to 1957 in Empire Bay (the name is a reference to New York's state nickname "The Empire State".), a fictional city based on San Francisco and New York City, with influences from Chicago and Detroit. The game will feature a completely open-ended game map of 10 square miles. No restrictions are included from the start of the game. There will also be around 50 vehicles in the game, as well as licensed music from the era.

Many firearms from the previous game will make a return, for example the Thompson M1928, the Colt 1911 and a pump action shotgun. As seen in screenshots, new WWII-era weapons like the MP40, the M3 Grease Gun, and the MP28 will make an appearance in the game as well as the MG42.

Interacting with objects in the environment involves two action buttons- a standard action and a "violent" action, used in context-sensitive situations. A map will be included as in the original Mafia game. The checkpoint system has been completely overhauled. New controls include a cover system that allows the player to hide behind objects (such as generators, walls and large crates) to shoot enemies, rather than just using a crouch while behind an object. Flanking may be a large part of the combat.

I can not especially wait for this game. It's going to be such an awesome campaign.
Comes out August 24th, it's getting so close!
The demo will be available on August 10th, I'll be sure to post a link for it here.
Dementei
Okay so I just beat the demo and I gotta say, I am very impressed with this game. Although I am disappointed because I can run Crysis better than I can this game. I have a great GPU (GTX 280) but I have a weak processor (AMD Athlon x2 2.8Ghz 5000+) because I can not seem to get this game to run smooth on my machine. Although I pass the recommended spec's I just don't get enough fps. Darn Confused

Found out why right here on the Steam forums. PhysX is being a pain..
rayxzero
Dementei wrote:
Okay so I just beat the demo and I gotta say, I am very impressed with this game. Although I am disappointed because I can run Crysis better than I can this game. I have a great GPU (GTX 280) but I have a weak processor (AMD Athlon x2 2.8Ghz 5000+) because I can not seem to get this game to run smooth on my machine. Although I pass the recommended spec's I just don't get enough fps. Darn Confused

Found out why right here on the Steam forums. PhysX is being a pain..

Maybe you should increase your RAM at least 4GB.

This game really have a great graphics base on their screenshot.
LostOverThere
Quote:
This game really have a great graphics base on their screenshot.

Screenshots can be very misleading; it's not uncommon for publishers to juice up their screenshots before releasing them to the public.

Either way, I haven't tried the demo myself - I really hope I can run it though. My machine is a 2.8GhZ Dual Core with 4GB of RAM and a Radeon 5770.
Dementei
@rayxzero
Yea I do have 4GB of RAM, the game runs fine now after messing around with PhysX.
Everyone has been having problems with it..I'm sure there will be a patch for it.

@LostOverThere
The screenshots I can say really do relate to the game, even the cut scenes are done in-game.
It's a very detailed and beautifully crafted game, you must try that demo out. Wink
And you will be able to run it fine, just be sure you have PhysX installed that comes with the demo, you may even have to turn PhysX off or try medium setting; there is a benchmark test if you want to tryout your settings as well. Good luck.
LostOverThere
Oh yeah, I just tried out the demo from Steam. It's lovely Smile
achowles
I was a big fan of the first game and the demo really confirmed my faith in this game being awesome. I'll definitely be grabbing it at some point. But I'd be a fool to grab it right away as the price will drop in no time. Still, I'm looking forward to it though.
ibrahim43
Mafia2 is good game Wink Thanks...
rayxzero
I tried this game last week and the game play is good also with its graphics. But in order to fully rendered the game in high details you need a high end video card (Geforce GTX series) with support for NVIDIA Physyx.
slashnburn99
Looks good on trailers will get demo
kemal44
very good game
saradabakesh
I have played its demo version and up till I have not played its full version but I have heard a lot of positive review of it and want to say you that I don't have to worry about requirements any more. Now I am going to but this game tomorrow.
anjolina99
I have played this game and would like to say you that instead of selecting which mission is to participate. Mafia II instead player son along a series of chapters which ultimately tells a fascinating story and highly entertaining for the protagonist.
hunnyhiteshseth
After reading the topic title I thought the post was about the new version of Mafia Wars launched by Zynga on facebook. Laughing
achowles
The lack of free ride mode is a deterrent for me. I played Mafia a hell of a lot. But most of that was in free ride mode and free ride extreme. Not that the storyline wasn't brilliant too, mind. But I just can't expect to get as much out of the game if that's all there is.
altafbhai
good game
debjitbiswas
Its a good game.
its just too much thrill.
love that game.
cannn
its very nice
achowles
I definitely enjoyed the game. I just wish they added some more replay value to it. I haven't heard many good things about the DLC and I still don't get why they never did add in the free ride mode. Oh well. It is good while it lasts, at least.
weableandbob
I just finished it yesterday, and it was fun, although I felt it was a bit short and ended too abruptly.
achowles
weableandbob wrote:
I just finished it yesterday, and it was fun, although I felt it was a bit short and ended too abruptly.

Really? While the end battle wasn't quite as iconic as the impressive end to the first game, it was the final line of dialogue that did it for me. Without a doubt the perfect note on which to leave the game.
Ntham
It could be better but great game.
uira
It was kinda ok game, although it looked way too much like a GTA rip-off though.

Quote:
The lack of free ride mode is a deterrent for me. I played Mafia a hell of a lot. But most of that was in free ride mode and free ride extreme. Not that the storyline wasn't brilliant too, mind. But I just can't expect to get as much out of the game if that's all there is.

Yep have to agree with that.