FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragon Quest IX

driftingfe3s
Has anyone been playing Dragon Quest IX on the Nintendo DS? I haven't touched my DS in ages, but since i'm going back to school, taking a class that's pretty much review for me I have a lot of time to play during class so I decided to start playing my DS again and got Dragon Quest IX.

I'm only a few hours into the game but I'd have to say it's a pretty good RPG and I'm having fun playing it. I'd have to say it's probably one of the best RPGs out on the DS yet.
Furuya
Yap I have being playing the game since... 2 week ago....
well i can said that the game play is awesome... in some way.
I only love the multi-player part of the game... you can jump in and jump out other player battle any time ... and explore the host world without needs of the host permission! Cool!
the skill you learn will be with you even you change your job!
but the boss really give me a headaches !
but overall... i like the game... some how~
amperx
yeah i agree, its a good game, definitely lived up its predecessors, i've just started too as well, when the train falls, lol, although the gameplay(network/party play) was based on FF chronicles its still fresh to me, and feels really original, and the artwork is still made by akira toriyama so its cool Very Happy
rayxzero
Dragon Quest IX still have the original RPG game style and character are well design by its creator.
driftingfe3s
Furuya wrote:
Yap I have being playing the game since... 2 week ago....
well i can said that the game play is awesome... in some way.
I only love the multi-player part of the game... you can jump in and jump out other player battle any time ... and explore the host world without needs of the host permission! Cool!
the skill you learn will be with you even you change your job!
but the boss really give me a headaches !
but overall... i like the game... some how~

I haven't tried the online part yet but it does sound awesome. I'm running WPA2 for my wireless security mode and unfortunately the Nintendo DS is not compatible with WPA2. I could switch to WEP that less secure while I play and then switch back, but then I'd have to change all settings on my family member's computers and its a hassle. Maybe I'll try it when no one is home and I won't have people complaining about their computers having no internet.
eday2010
I've been wanting to get this game, but a few things are holding me back. One is that I already have a ton of games that I need to play, and a good number of those are lengthy RPGs. Dragon Quest IV and V being among them.

The other thing is the huge amount of time this game needs you to invest in it. I find that I don;t have the patience or attaantion span (or time) to invest in a single game. Especially when I have three systems with games that need playing, as well as other hobbies that I pursue.

When and if the game goes down in price I will most certainly grab it. The tag mode is really interesting, but by the time I play the game no one will be walking around with the game anymore.
silverdown
OOO sounds interesting to the BONE Cool Laughing il check it out
kemal44
I liked the little I played I did not like a break: S
ujjawall
but i line man Laughing Laughing
ujjawall
but i like man Laughing Laughing
rayxzero
I hope they release this game on Playstation 3 again.
driftingfe3s
I was going though the games forum and realized I stopped playing DQIX because of school! I really need to beat it!
eday2010
Well, the game did come down in price ($17 on Black Friday), so I did grab it. I haven't started yet though. I am in no rush.
ZeytinGrafik
I'm stuck at Goresby-Purrvis near the end of the game. He beats the crap out of me everytime i face him. I've been playing for 52 hours now and my characters are at level 40 or so in 3 or 4 vocations. Quite good game.