FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Three children killed in attack on Chinese kindergarten

mengshi200
Three children and a teacher have been stabbed to death in a knife attack at a kindergarten in eastern China in the latest in a series of killings that have provoked a bout of soul-searching over the social pressures of life in modern China.

The school attack the eighth this year took place at 4pm Tuesday afternoon when an unnamed man in his late twenties entered the kindergarten in the city of Zibo in Shandong province posing as a parent, according to reports from residents.

Up to 20 children and staff were injured in the attack, two of them seriously, with one teacher succumbing to her injuries on Wednesday morning.

read more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/7925666/Three-children-killed-in-attack-on-Chinese-kindergarten.html
deanhills
That has to be a double tragedy. Loss of life, and also loss of trust in safety of young children in kindergartens. Has to be seriously deranged people to attack young children. Would be awful as well for young children to go to kindergartens that have heavy security. Must be bad times for China, including the suicides that have been discussed in another thread.
mengshi200
Despair feeling and violence culture dominate some of people to be unfair treament.
deanhills
mengshi200 wrote:
Despair feeling and violence culture dominate some of people to be unfair treament.
Can imagine plenty of parents must be thinking of emigrating, looking for a safer community for their children.
harismushtaq
So is there any information on the motive of the attacker or some reason why he plunged over such cruel act. Having so many such incidents is terrifying. I think it is important to analyze attackers involved in the incidents and determine why this is happening. Stabbing at public places with out any reason, is it common in china society. If not, why it is happening in schools. I thought that china is doing good in terms of economy and education and people there should be happy.
inuyasha
harismushtaq wrote:
Stabbing at public places with out any reason, is it common in china society. If not, why it is happening in schools. I thought that china is doing good in terms of economy and education and people there should be happy.

It isn't frequent, actually. But it's increasingly frequent now. I'm really surprised that you stated China is doing good in terms of education. We cititzens in China are always told education in China is far worse than other countries and there's always news that education in China is unsatisfying.
deanhills
inuyasha wrote:
harismushtaq wrote:
Stabbing at public places with out any reason, is it common in china society. If not, why it is happening in schools. I thought that china is doing good in terms of economy and education and people there should be happy.

It isn't frequent, actually. But it's increasingly frequent now. I'm really surprised that you stated China is doing good in terms of education. We cititzens in China are always told education in China is far worse than other countries and there's always news that education in China is unsatisfying.
The perception everywhere is that the standard of education in China is very high. Children in China study much harder and for much longer. Perception is also that children from China are more keen to learn, therefore do much better at education, and are naturally brilliant in the fields of mathematics and science compared to those from the West who are lagging behind them.