FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What countries have you lived in. What was the good and bad?

chasbeen
Here is the Summary of Countries I have lived in and how much I enjoyed them

England 42 years
Well there's nothing to replace the country you were born in. Like all countries people are basically the same but in England you have history. Such as a "Cockney accent", the 'Daily Mail' newspaper or the red telephone box and a billion other things good and bad that you like or enjoy hating.

Canada 9 years
Roughly equivalent to "England's Scotland" if you are American. People live here with as much space between them as they like. It's a little bit more easy going than England in a lot of ways. (Pro's). It's dangerous driving in Winter(Con)

Holland 6 months
Similar to England for the history (The East India Co funded beautiful City of Amsterdam). Better than England for public transport.

Falkland Islands 5 months
Hottest in February. Beautiful scenery in South Atlantic. Too cold and windy (cons)

Dominica 2 months
Beautiful volcanic island. Can live in the forests and eat from bountiful vegetation. Survivor man's paradise. If you love Rum your in heaven.

Visited Countries
Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
The_unnamed_label
Hello...

So far I lived in France.. pretty much all my life! and I think France is a beautiful country, great culture history.. beautiful places. Although, I think living there became bit frustrating, mostly for economica and political reasons.

So I moved to England.. its been about 5 months. Of course I've been visiting a lot. and I love the country as much as I love people here.. on a lifetime basis nowhere is perfect but I think I wanna settle here.

I visited Spain (an awfull lot of times) Italy, Swiss, Belgium, Ireland and Canada.. and soon the USA!
rohan5039
I think every place in this world is beautiful but some countries are very best for visits and tours like European countries Germany, Spain, USA like these. From Asia China and others. But you can't go to Afghanistan or something like that to visit in good mood so that means you have to select first.

I will recommend Egypt and Switzerland.
cigorraga
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 25 years, great place and a lot o fun. Intense nightlife, great gastronomy, best meat I have teasted so far.
Brasil, Florianopolis, perfect for the summer, runaway in winter. Porto Seguro, calm beach life, perfect for relax and peace of mind. Arraial D'Ajuda (a few minutes from Porto Seguro) psychedelic beach life.
Cartagena, Colombia, nice for tourism.
San Andres, Colombia, perfect paradise.
Bocas del Toro, Panama, heaven on earth.
Flores, Guatemala, small place but charming nature and wonderful people.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico, my last home away from home, planned to stay for 6 months, but I could not, finally stayed for 8 years.
Establishing in Cabo Frio, Brasil, looks good.
loyal
chasbeen wrote:
Here is the Summary of Countries I have lived in and how much I enjoyed them

England 42 years
Well there's nothing to replace the country you were born in. Like all countries people are basically the same but in England you have history. Such as a "Cockney accent", the 'Daily Mail' newspaper or the red telephone box and a billion other things good and bad that you like or enjoy hating.

Are those the best things you can think of for our country lol?
mengshi200
Wow,there are many travellers of world.

Thank u for your sharing special experience with us here. Very enjoy it!
mengshi200
I have lived in China for many years,exact place is Beijing.

Just as your hearing about the place,there are crowd people from all over the country,also from globe world for all kinds of goals,such as business,political,travelling and so on becos it is an international metropolis.Of course it is awful on terms of transportation in rush hour,even in usual time.

There is a joking,maybe it spent your three hours on flying by air plane from Shenzhen to BJ but you have to take four hours by car from airport to home.Lol.

Pls be patient!
mengshi200
Speaking frankly,the air quality sometimes is not good here becos there are so many cars.

However the government have made their effort to improve the environment,such as limit the amount of cars on the road on terms of wagon number every day.Also to develop public transportation,for instance,subway,bus,BRT,etc.
mengshi200
Just like a coin have two sides.

It is very funy,at the same time,there are compile various delicious foods from different countries,even different cities. You can taste as you like,just in BJ.

You will feel life is beautiful,wonderful when your are sitting at table and looking at multicoloured food!
magnustoday
Tsunami warning aside, I think Hawaii, USA is the place best to be. The weather is great, people are great, everything is great.
hwcorp
Hanoi, Vietnam
Safe and sound but terrible traffic system