FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best dual sim phones of the country

Techcurrentz
Indian telecom industry took a real big leap towards the future when Micromax India limited launched the first dual sim phone on India the Micromax Q7.Dual sim phones are basically, two normal phones combined in one to talk in layman terms. More precisely they have two different active connections on two different active sims at the same time on the same handset the user can receive calls on both the phones and switch between connections. But, since the advent of Micromax Q7 most of the big guns of the industry have now joined in the race. Here is an overview of my favorites from the many available.
• Zen777 Blackberry Clones -
When talking about looks this is an exact duplicate of the Blackberry phones except that there is a Zen etched below its screen. This phone was launched by Intex and has a 2.2 inch display with Qwerty keypad and 1.3 Megapixel camera, the memory slot is expandable upto 4GB via a MicroSD card. it supports the GPRS facility and all the other basic features like Bluetooth, FM radio, video recording etc.
My Verdict: The best thing that I liked about this phone is the price it is available for Rs.3300 only, pretty less considering the features and the looks provided.
• MicroMax Q7 :
Little more in cost and little less in looks, this phone comes with a full qwerty keypad and a trackball to navigate. It is among the few phones supporting EDGE/GPRS facility for faster internet experience. It comes integrated with apps for facebook, Operamini, Nimbuzz etc. and has a two megapixel camera and 4GB expandable memory via MicroSD card.
My Verdict: This phone offers the user with excellent internet facility but at the cost of some features which a common Indian mobile user likes. Priced at Rs.5,069 this phone is for those who prefer using the net over their mobile rather than their computers.
• Micromax X235:
Priced somewhere in the early 2000 this phone can be considered excellent for people from the lower middle class of our country. Besides having a digital camera, 2GB expandable memory and all the essential features like Bluetooth, FM radio, mp3 player etc it also has a built in infrared remote that helps the user to control his DVD, TV and AC etc.
My Verdict: The infrared feature is new and different but how useful? It’s not really clear. Considering the other features, if one’s looking for a cheap Dual-sim phone then this can be a good option.
• Karbonn kc750:
This is a candy bar phone which comes with 3 megapixel camera, EDGE enabled connectivity and JAVA. It has 2GB expandable memory and all the other features like Bluetooth,MP3 Player etc.
My Verdict : The camera quality of this phone is excellent along with the internet connectivity . The looks of the phone are a little disheartening and so is the price but if one is ready to compromise on the looks this one is tailor-made for him.
• Samsung c6112
This is a slider phone with 2 megapixel camera and WAP connectivity and Mobile Tracker facility.

My Verdict : As It comes from the house of the second largest manufacturer in the world this phone has been priced at Rs.7,000 which is quite a lot for the features being given in return. But, as most people say with big name comes big reliability. So, this phone is best for those people who are still suspicious about the new technology and would like to stick to the old favourites.
Jean-Clod
Dual-sim? really?
I don't see the point. I know, you have two lines, and all and all, but if you cannot use only one line, then I'd prefer using two phones, one being the 'main', the other simply a lower-end aux phone.
with only one phone, I don't know, the battery is drained much faster, you can make some (huge) mistakes, and all
Acecare
You have the point that it can easily drained the battery. However, it depends on the quality of the phone. I am also using dual sim phone which is the LG KS660 Dual-SIM Touchscreen Mobile Phone. I normally take a multitasking task and there is no problem with my battery life.
hersandal
the best dual sim card here in our country are myPhone's so far this is the best dual sim in our country. China phones is also in the list but if there's a problem on the phone you have no where to go.
FunDa
Jean-Clod wrote:
Dual-sim? really?
I don't see the point. I know, you have two lines, and all and all, but if you cannot use only one line, then I'd prefer using two phones, one being the 'main', the other simply a lower-end aux phone.
with only one phone, I don't know, the battery is drained much faster, you can make some (huge) mistakes, and all

There is an option to switch off one of the SIM cards from the phone;s menu. That helps to preserve the battery life if you don't want both connections at the same time.

But in India, a lot of the working youth have 2 (or sometimes even more) GSM SIM cards and phone numbers - one for work(pulc number) and one for their loved one(which usually has an offer for unlimited talktime to 1 or more numbers(for one or more loved ones Wink )

So, the work SIM card is switched off after work hours when they don't want to be reachable by their office and the personal SIM is on 24/7.

In India, getting a mobile connection is a very simple and inexpensive affair.
A new GSM prepaid connection costs less than $1.00 to around $2.00 depending on the offers.
And a dual SIM phone costs in the range of $60 to $120 and is always given unlocked free.

Indian mobile sector is mostly awesome.