FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what is Page Rank what is Page Rank ?

janysek
Google pagerank considers that to be a vote for the website in question and therefore indicating that it is of some importance. There is a very complicated formula associated with how Pagerank is calculated but for the purposes of this article it is too detailed.
ChrisCh
"The purposes of this article"? You wrote two sentences...

Having said that, PageRank displays the popularity of the particular page you are browsing, and can be indicated via the Google Toolbar in your browser. It is calculated based on the number of unique hits, number of links to your website from others, and your search engine traffic (among a few other things I'm sure). Smile
metalfreek
Quote:
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page, used by the Google Internet search engine that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set. The algorithm may be applied to any collection of entities with reciprocal quotations and references.

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank
maicoprince
Page Rank is a value that Google assigns to a Web page based on the importance of the page on the internet that is determined by the number of incoming links to this site and some other factors.
mkarmalay
PageRank is one of many factors that determines where your web page appears in search result ranking, but if all other factors are equal, PageRank can have significant impact on your Google rankings.

[url="http://www.hostv.com/"]VPS[/url]
metalfreek
I don't think that pagerank carries any relevance now because Pagerank has not been updated for almost a year and I think google is phasing out the pagerank system. I think they are planning for some new ranking system.
the-guide
metalfreek wrote:
I don't think that pagerank carries any relevance now because Pagerank has not been updated for almost a year and I think google is phasing out the pagerank system. I think they are planning for some new ranking system.

I've noticed that thing too, don't know what's Google doing about their pagerank system now.
What's the next issue?

marea
Well there are many good definitions above, well i can tell you the way to increase page rank that is generate good quality links as much as you can.
metalfreek
the-guide wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

I've noticed that thing too, don't know what's Google doing about their pagerank system now.
What's the next issue?

I don't see any major pagerank updates very soon. Usually they would update pagerank in 3/4 months but almost a year has passed without any update. Pagerank is a history now i think.

I have also heard that they are planning for a new ranking system called trust rank but its just speculation and not sure if google is actually planning this ranking system.
truespeed
metalfreek wrote:

I don't see any major pagerank updates very soon. Usually they would update pagerank in 3/4 months but almost a year has passed without any update. Pagerank is a history now i think.

I have also heard that they are planning for a new ranking system called trust rank but its just speculation and not sure if google is actually planning this ranking system.

Mine has recently been updated ,down from 3 to 2.
kmankanda
Page rank is a form of ranking for sites. I think it is managed by google or sb. All i knw is pagerank is needed to form a search list for search engines. It is quite a formidable form of advertising if you can get your page ranking up by severa;l positions/notches. In such a way uanweza tokea kwa page one ya google search which is a good thing because you will have a high chance of sb getting in ar clicking your link. Search and you will find SEO tips kwa wingi sana. BAADAYEEEZ!!
marea
Work hard continuously on your website page rank itself will become high!!As definition is already explained above
morean51
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set.
lovelyviki
morean51 wrote:
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set.

yes, it is right, but i do not think pagerank is so important now, i think we should pay much attention to search engine ranking and conversion rate.
joelmurdoch
PageRank is Google’s system for ranking web pages. A page with a higher PageRank is analogical more meaningful and is more likely to be listed above a page with a lower PageRank.
sledge32
Page Rank is an indication of how popular your site is and also how relevant Google think your site is to their search index. Although page rank is outdated it is still good to have a pr3 or more because advertisers still looks for high page rank sites to buy ads from and if you are going to sell your website the higher the page rank the more money a buyer will pay.
prcys
Page rank neither algorithm nor any web ranking system. But page rank is such which tell us about quality of any website. When any website has very interesting , useful and quality information then that website got higher page rank though it has not as much backlinks or visitors.
martinsherman
Page Rank refers to how well a site is ranked within a search engine. Page rank is decided by special algorithms that weigh a site based on a number of factors related to the level of optimization. In order for your page to rank well in the search engines, it should undergo an analysis and Search Engine Optimization service.
steeve
PageRank was developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford. Page Rank is one of many factors that determines where your web page appears in search result ranking.
adepeter
A page rank is a type of method in which ur website pages are ranked