FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YAHOO! Search Engine is Belonging to Bing???

the-guide
Today I received email from "Yahoo Account Alert Section" of "Yahoo Search Marketing"
which the subject of "Transition tips: Account transitions start later this month" one part
in the email that sent me is sound like "Yahoo! and it's Search Engine is belonging to Bing"
and I excerpt it for your consideration here...

Quote:
Organic search transition
Yahoo! organic search results will be powered by Bing as early as late August. If organic
search results are an important source of referrals to your website, you'll want to make
sure that you're prepared for this change. For more details, check out this blog post.

Shocked

... and here's the blog post url...

Code:
http://ysm.yahoo-email.com/a/hBMWvw9Adp9-oB8Q3kWCiqLJ3At/ysm21

That cause me think that now YAHOO! Search Engine is Belonging to Bing. If you are
a customer of Yahoo! search marketing, have you read this email yet?

and

What's in your mind?

What's the meaning of this sentence "Yahoo! organic search results will be powered by Bing
as early as late August."?

Is it true that right now (or at least in nearly future) Yahoo! is belonging to Bing of Microsoft? Question

Rolling Eyes WOW!!!

menino
I think Yahoo and Msoft are in some tie ups of some kind, and now related to their search engines as well. I think its a prequel to Microsoft probably going to buy yahoo, or at least partnering together to form a strategic alliance, against probably google.

Bing has had a lot of research and development done into it, and probably exceeds yahoo's search engine, so probably for business sake, they are tying up and yahoo is using bing's engine to do searches.
coreymanshack
the-guide wrote:
Today I received email from "Yahoo Account Alert Section" of "Yahoo Search Marketing"
which the subject of "Transition tips: Account transitions start later this month" one part
in the email that sent me is sound like "Yahoo! and it's Search Engine is belonging to Bing"
and I excerpt it for your consideration here...

Quote:
Organic search transition
Yahoo! organic search results will be powered by Bing as early as late August. If organic
search results are an important source of referrals to your website, you'll want to make
sure that you're prepared for this change. For more details, check out this blog post.

Shocked

... and here's the blog post url...

Code:
http://ysm.yahoo-email.com/a/hBMWvw9Adp9-oB8Q3kWCiqLJ3At/ysm21

That cause me think that now YAHOO! Search Engine is Belonging to Bing. If you are
a customer of Yahoo! search marketing, have you read this email yet?

and

What's in your mind?

What's the meaning of this sentence "Yahoo! organic search results will be powered by Bing
as early as late August."?

Is it true that right now (or at least in nearly future) Yahoo! is belonging to Bing of Microsoft? Question

Rolling Eyes WOW!!!

This is old news, yahoo search was bought out by bing a few months ago.
the-guide
coreymanshack wrote:
This is old news, yahoo search was bought out by bing a few months ago.

Really? Only Yahoo! search engine or including its search marketing or all the whole company? Oh! I miss the news. Shocked
Blaster
Microsoft has been looking at buying yahoo since at least 2007. There was a 45 billion dollar bid from microsoft to yahoo however i'm not sure if it ever went through.

Overall personally i would still stick with google. As for SEO though I am not sure how this would really work out. I'm assuming if no more yahoo and it only be bing then you should be in good shape altogether.