FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your mobile operating system?

What's your mobile OS?
Google Android
65%
 65%  [ 26 ]
Apple iOS
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
RIM Blackberry
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
WebOS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows Phone
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Symbian
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 40

ahnguye5
Phones are starting to rock pretty beefy hardware. Nowadays, we're looking at 1GHz processors, 512 MB of RAM, and specs around that standard -- replacement computers for some. There's mainly a lot of talk about the Android outselling the iPhone. It's not just between Android and iOS though, represent your platform.
ProwerBot
A default verizon one! Haha.
Blaster
I'm rockin the Android system. I currently have the Moto Droid and love it. Best and most reliable phone I have ever had. Its a great OS that you can do so much with. The app store for Android i think may soon out beat the iphones app store. There is more android model phones out there than iphones. Plus with the droid they have widgets and such that other phones lack.
ahnguye5
ProwerBot wrote:
A default verizon one! Haha.

Yea ... I'm rockin an unknown OS on the LG Rumor2 Cool

Blaster wrote:
I'm rockin the Android system. I currently have the Moto Droid and love it. Best and most reliable phone I have ever had. Its a great OS that you can do so much with. The app store for Android i think may soon out beat the iphones app store. There is more android model phones out there than iphones. Plus with the droid they have widgets and such that other phones lack.

I really like the Moto Droid too mainly because of the keyboard (I text a good bit). Google's definitely takin over with the Android. Android phones are offered by many vendors, they've got their app store, and Google music is on the way too. Since I'm on the Sprint network, I'm anxious to get the EVO as soon as my budget permits.
Blaster
Yea android is the way to go. The only thing i like about black berry is the BB messanger. Besides that android wins hands down. The app store is growing every day. There is still some features that need working on though like mass update for aps
rjraaz
i have china mobile what operation system in it i dont know. but if i will purchase new one go with windows mobile
nivinjoy
I own a Nokia X6 with the latest version of Symbian OS.. It has a good update to the current versions and is working fine. It has a good response to the touch UI and is perfect i feel..

And also I am going to buy a new phone. Most probably i would buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro which is on a Android platform. I have used this phone of my friend's and this Android thing is really rocking..!!

Looking for ward to be an Android-ian..!! Laughing
Flakky
Haha some standard Nokia os. I got a really old device as my cellphone got broke. This os features a lot of things like calling and texting but the most prominent feature is that it can tell you the time out loud in 5 different languages which is quite unique.
Pengeszikra
Yesterday i buy my first intelligent phone: Vodaphone 845 - smallest and cheapest Android capable phone in Hungarian market. This is a huge step after my old phone. Android system is really fine in first view. This is the first phone ( except old Nokia 6310 ) where I found functions really fast.

At 2002 i have a PDA with 64 Mb ram, compare that to 845 is see the technical evolution.

Actually this post don't write on that, but really easy to write some text - better than previous phone. Just a bit worst than on iPhone - where input method is enable to modify char after touch.
Pengeszikra
Next step is I take look possibilities of made android program, so I start download SDK now. Smile
amperx
im using and android device as well, its really neat, and the customization it offers is alot, compared to any other mobile os it can offer Very Happy
nam_siddharth
I have Nokia n79. Its OS is "Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI". So I am using Symbian OS.
Pengeszikra
Worst oart of Vodaphone 845 is don't capable to multi touch. So miss some nice interface feature like zooming in two finger. I plain to buy one android tablet too.
newage34
my mobile phone using symbian o.s but i dont like Smile i like apple o.s
ahnguye5
Windows Phone 7 just launched in the U.S. a couple days ago. Does anyone like what they see? There was a lot of press coverage and they revealed quite a number of good looking phones. The transitions in the UI are nice but, of course, it's nothing we haven't seen before from the Zune and even Windows media center. It ties in well with Microsoft's theme I guess. The UI overall suggests that there's a lower bound on the hardware so most of the phones should be pretty snappy.
metalfreek
I am using BlackBerry OS on BB Bold 9000. Its a good phone with full QWERTY keyboard and lots of features.

Windows Phone 7 also looks promising but lets see what it has to offer.

Right now, I am happy with BlackBerry.
Flakky
My new cellphone has Symbian S60 5th edition on it. I am quite pleased with it Smile
RuBo
My phone is a Sony Ericsson X10 Xperia mini pro with Android 1.6 and waiting for an update to Android 2.0 next month.
Ankhanu
I'm an iOS user. I haven't used another mobile OS with the same sort of intuitive interface, polish and quality as iOS yet. I've gotta admit that (on certain hardware) Android is coming really close, and it does have some advantages over iOS... but I still prefer iOS.

If I was starting new, and didn't have anything invested into my iOS apps and such yet, the decision between iPhone and a higher end Android would be much more difficult than it was when I made my choice. That Android has to be portable to so many different hardware producers is what is holding it back... it just doesn't have the same snappiness that iOS has (due to limited hardware options and better optimized coding). Snappiness aside, both OSes are really solid and well designed.

As far as apps go, both have great libraries... Android offers greater flexibility in options than iOS does, BUT, from what I've seen, there's a much greater range in app qualities, due to reduced regulation. iTunes store does limit what you can get, but imposes a greater quality control on apps that are included.

The other mobile OSes aren't even in the running, in my opinion. I have lots of Blackberry loving friends but I've always hated their interface. I've tested a few of the other proprietary OSes as well and found them fairly similar to Blackberry in many respects, and just didn't do it for me at all.
weableandbob
Currently, I'm using a standard phone, but I'm going to get an Android phone later this year for school purposes.
RuBo
I have update my android 1.6 to 2.1.
futurcat
I love ICS with Cyanogenmod9. I only have an issue with DTMF, which hopefully is solved at some point I expect.
futurcat
futurcat wrote:
I love ICS with Cyanogenmod9. I only have an issue with DTMF, which hopefully is solved at some point I expect.

Sorry, for the ones which may not know, ICS is a version of Android Rolling Eyes
johans
i got blackberry 5..

i wanted to try some android O.S.
futurcat
johans wrote:
i got blackberry 5..

i wanted to try some android O.S.

I was using bb 5 since long with a Torch, but I am so happy with Android now, once I got used.
welshsteve
I have an android phone. A HTC Desire S running 2.3.5 gingerbread.
futurcat
My Android version is 4.0.4.
ratanegra
Lol, Android FTW... though I'd like to root mine to upgrade to 2.2 (not available yet for my model).
futurcat
ratanegra wrote:
Lol, Android FTW... though I'd like to root mine to upgrade to 2.2 (not available yet for my model).

Have you checked if your device it's supported in cyanogenmod.com?

If it is, be aware that you may lose your warranty though when using roms which are not from the phone manufacturer...
cybersa
Android 4
Ice Cream Sandwich Custom Rom.
lobokun
im running android rooted
pauline123
My phone is running android, slightly tweaked from the original. I did not like the lack of commandline on my phone so I tore into it and added access to it, now it is easy for me to get to. I would however not recommend doing it to your own phone as I am pretty sure it voided my warranty on the phone. However, I do find it handy to be able to use it in any way I deem fit. That was one of the reasons I got it in the first place.
chartcentral
The operating system of my mobile phone is Nokia Series 40. Smile
ZapMon
Android

i do not have a Android phone but i do have a Toshiba Thrive tablet running Android.
TheRPGLPer
I use Android 4.1 Jellybean on my mobile device and Android 2.3.5 on my mobile Tablet.
iyepes
I have to say, I have had the same smarthphone during the last five years, since I liked to much my Nokia, and it's symbian, and now I don't want a Nokia - Windows. Maybe this christmas I will do some kind of upgrade. By now last year I bought an iPad Wink
mugrinic
i have HTC Touch Pro2, and Windows mobile 6.5 Pro.

I've had android but quickly consumes battery.

Sorry for bad English,
i use Google Translate
milkshake01
I use Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. I think that Android is the best operating system.
darthrevan
Android of course,.there is no better choice Smile
sarcasmrules
I quite like Windows Phone because of the interface. I guess android is good for customisation, but I don't really want the distraction on my phone.

What do you guys think?

MOD - Merged with existing Mobile OS thread
-Ankhanu
twotrophy
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on a Galaxy Note 1. Ice Cream Sandwich is good for me.
likeabreeze
chartcentral wrote:
The operating system of my mobile phone is Nokia Series 40. Smile

So, you mean your mobile phone is not a smart mobile phone?
johans
android gingerbread. so far it is okay.

I have not tried the icecream sandwich but i think there not much difference between them.

May i know what is the latest android operating system now?
codegeek
Android Ginger Bread. I think I am going to upgrade it soon, and install Ice Cream Sandwich.
wheelloader
now android rules, I ever use wp7, and iphone. but comeback to android because it's usability. altough it's laggy sometime
kavitajain9782
Which os you prefer in your hand held device ?

Ios
Android
Windows

MODERATOR - Topic merged with existing topic on the same subject.
-Ankhanu
jlobo
futurcat wrote:
My Android version is 4.0.4.

Galaxy note 10 KitKat
galaxy tab7 CM
S2 CM
MotoG Lolypop
jlobo
sarcasmrules wrote:
I quite like Windows Phone because of the interface. I guess android is good for customisation, but I don't really want the distraction on my phone.

What do you guys think?

MOD - Merged with existing Mobile OS thread
-Ankhanu

I had windows mobile, years ago, it was a handheld, today Android is my choice, for tablets or Phone, but I think IOS has good things
dan_l2
Android FTW!
mrkk
iOS for sure. One day I'll upgrade my iPod Touch to an iPhone, but my family has always been an Apple Family. That's not to say I wouldn't try an Android phone. I've heard Android programming is extremely difficult, so I wonder how it compares to iOS programming. Looks like Android is the popular vote in this thread, although there is of course voluntary response bias.
mshafiq
I am using latest android operating system called lollipop.
working fine. I do not have any issue.
playfungames
I am running the latest version of Android on my Google Nexus 4 phone. It is the phone that still receives the latest updates even after 2+ years and I am glad I chose to buy it. But I believe that the phone will not receive the next large update of Android that is Android M. But there might still be a security upgrade or two for my phone.
deanhills
I bought a Samsung Android J5 a few weeks ago. Lying in a drawer and taking it out every now and then to get familiar with my first smart phone. Not too bad so far. Very instinctive. Battery use isn't too bad although I haven't used it with WiFi yet. Happy that the Settings are so easy to control. Great camera as well. 13 megapixels and 5 megapixels. Great color screen. Price is lower end of market. Like about half the price of your higher end models like Samsung Galaxy S6. I thought to ease myself into the smart phone world first by starting at the lower end of Samsung - but high enough to get a an up to date feel for the phone. Razz

Operating system is Android 5.1 "Lollipop"