FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I install Wordpress on this?

rocket-dan
I would like to make a blog with this freely hosted account, with no domain. Am I able to install wordpress?
truespeed
Yes.
rocket-dan
Ok, that's cool. But how do I set everything to 777 temporarily? I want to put my blog in the root rather than in a subfolder, but I'm not sure how to do so. Can I use FTP with Frihost?
truespeed
Yes you can use FTP or you can do it via your file manager in the control panel.
rocket-dan
What host would I be using?
truespeed
I assume by joining frihost that you will be hosting your site on here,when you have the required points and posts,just click on "account" at the top of this page and request hosting. (I think that's correct, its been a long time since i requested my hosting here)
rocket-dan
Well right now I'm waiting for confirmation of an account, which is a bit sad-making. I was very eager.
truespeed
rocket-dan wrote:
Well right now I'm waiting for confirmation of an account, which is a bit sad-making. I was very eager.

As long as your a good contributor to the forums it shouldn't take long,i think mine was activated the same day.