FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old games

welshsteve
Does anybody here remember the Commodore 64? For sometime now I have been using the WinVice commodore emulator to play old Commodore 64 games. It works brilliantly, and the game play, despite being 25-30 years ago is great. Game images (disk and tape) canbe downloaded from the Gamebase 64 website (www.gamebase64.com). These are just some of the games I have been able to play

Microprose Soccer
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer
Summer Games
Summer Games II
Winter Games
World Games
Daley Thompson's Decathlon
Manic Miner
Ghostbusters
Leaderboard Golf
Commando
Operation Wolf
Zaxxon
Uridium

The list goes on.

I've also rediscovered my BASIC programming LOL. Anybody remember stuff like this?

Code:

10 POKE 53280,4
20 POKE 53281,7
30 PRINT "HELLO"
40 PRINT " HELLO"
50 PRINT "  HELLO"
60 PRINT "   HELLO"
70 PRINT "    HELLO"
80 GOTO 30

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
natilovesmike
My husband says he remembers Summer Games....he got nostalgic after reading your post...but I don't think he will be downloading the program you mention...
rayxzero
Old games I played was on Nintendo Family Computer console.
andysart380
haha im only 20 but these were some of the first games i played as a young kid...manic minor was a great one along with commando, i was using emulators a couple years ago for games like these.
slashnburn99
Many a summer gone by on Spectrum+ playing those, think i downloaded bleem for spectrum, cant remember
Flakky
I finished Half-Life: Blue shift today, is that old enough?
mukesh
i played warcraft 2 this is my oldest game of PS. But this game is not in your Oldest game list.
welshsteve
One game I really wish I could find to work in an emulator or as a PC game, is the original Everybody's Golf on Playstation One. Great game that was. For my Commodore 64 emulator I have a couple of Leaderboard games, which bring back memories. Smile
achowles
Yeah, I remember the Commodore 64. I was given an old C64 complete with floppy disk drive and tape deck. It was an awesome machine for its time. It's no surprise that it sold as well as it did and stayed on the market so long.

I also got the 90's model that was a lot sleeker and decidedly less brown. Such was my love for the system.

Zaxxon was one of my favourites too. I also have fond memories of Turbocharge, Speedball 2, Impossible Mission and a game based on Aliens (not sure if it was called that or not). Cauldron 2, Elite and so many more.

The SNES was another system I really enjoyed with so many great classics.
BuMe
I like old games Very Happy I don't Know why :S

But i like Pack Man and Mario Very Happy
Flakky
I find all kinds of emulators for Symbian OS. Though I only found working emulators for the Symbian S60 3rd edition and I have the Symbian S60 5th edition :'(
I emailed one of the developers and he is luckily working on it Smile
weableandbob
I'm only 16, so the "old" games I remember were SNES. However, I've been playing some older DOS games like Beneath a Steel Sky recently.
dude_xyx
There were some old DOS games I remember.

Dave
Price of Persia
Mario Brothers
Bow and Arrow

Oldest Windows game I remember is SimCity.
ham65
marios bros lol.
rayxzero
dragon quest I, II
adri
Well I'm not so old so my 'old games' aren't actually that old. My favorite old game is from 1996 and it was called Road Rash. You had to drive a motorcycle and knock the other pilots of their bikes so you could become first in the race. When you did, you earned cash to buy better bikes... If I play it nowadays the game is very 'pixelly' but the game is just like I remembered. Smile

Good times,

adri (being nostalgic)
granvals
Brought back many memories,and takeme back to the time .I like them very much。Especially summer two Laughing
dillemon
Prince os persia
rayxzero
Wii revive the donkey kong country again on 3D. Donkey Kong is also one of the oldest game for nintendo gameboy.
LostOverThere
Just about to start playing Super Metroid. I'm afraid to say I've yet to do so, despite absolutely loving the Prime series to bits (and Other M to a lesser extent).

Can't wait! Smile
kitsrock
The oldest games I remember are SNES games and old PC games.
Never had the pleasure of owning Commodore64 or the original NES.
Also, dosbox is so win.
wombatrpgs
Ah, with the advent of 64 bit windows, I have to emulate Windows98 to get the games that I grew up with. My first was still Power Pete for the old Macintosh though.
ujjawall
We plan on eventually getting a PS3 and hopefully, if nintendo ever realizes their under-powered system, annoying to use motion controls annoy adults and we have very few games on the Wii, they will release a new system...that isn't half the power of a PS1...That being said, there are a couple GOLD games that could show everyone else what motion controls COULD be... (Twilight Princess, upcoming Skyward Sword, WiiPlay/Sports Resort, ect.) and not the annoying, hard-to-accomplish, hard to use sitting down pile it is now... (Link's crossbow training, New Super Mario Wii...)
wombatrpgs
Then just stick with the games that aren't based around motion control gimmicks. Fire Emblem doesn't have any built-in motion annoyances and Super Smash Brother Brawl supports older controllers. Apart from that, the list is lacking. Keep an eye out for anything that can be played with a classic/gamecube controller.
Flakky
rayxzero wrote:
Wii revive the donkey kong country again on 3D. Donkey Kong is also one of the oldest game for nintendo gameboy.

I have played it and I prefer the Donkey Kong Countryu for the Super Nintendo. Especially DKC2.
This game was too crowded, too much happening, bad graphics and bad controls.
wombatrpgs
Flakky wrote:
rayxzero wrote:

I have played it and I prefer the Donkey Kong Countryu for the Super Nintendo. Especially DKC2.

Are you saying bad graphics/control for the new DKC or the original for the Gameboy?
Flakky
wombatrpgs wrote:
Flakky wrote:
rayxzero wrote:

Are you saying bad graphics/control for the new DKC or the original for the Gameboy?
Sorry, my bad. All negativity aimed at the new Wii game, in my opinion the old is better than the new.
wombatrpgs
Flakky wrote:
Sorry, my bad. All negativity aimed at the new Wii game, in my opinion the old is better than the new.

That's good to hear. The Gameboy one was one of my favorites as a kid. Too bad the new one isn't living up though... I don't think my nostalgia would've ever led me to like it over the original though.
Alerrandre
I always loved MARIO BROS.
ham65
Yes Mario Bros is a fun game,nothing realistic but fun.
vb404
yeeeeeeeees Surprised
wombatrpgs
ham65 wrote:
Yes Mario Bros is a fun game,nothing realistic but fun.

Ha, was there anything from that era that could be considered realistic? I don't think it was really considered something to aim for, given the technological capabilities.
GAMESMASTER
Castle of the spirits
Prince of persian
carmen san diego
amagard
Apropos "Prince Of Persia": you can grab the latest 3D version for free from Ubisoft, see my posting here.
SpaceInvader75
I remember that computer, but I didn't have one, so I don't really recall any games that I played on it.

Trying to play old games hasn't gone too well for me in the past. lol My favorite game used to be Warcraft 2, but since it ran in DOS, I could not figure out how to make it work on Windows. I even downloaded a DOS emulator, but it seems I was having an issue with the file locations or something. After at least an hour of trying to figure it out, I decided I would just play something else. lol