FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to get Dreamweaver software?

tamilparks
How to get the Dreamweaver software?

is it a free software?
Marcuzzo
Nope,
Dreamweaver is part of the Creative Suite of Adobe.
there are free alternatives though.
just check for WYSIWYG html editors
recked
there is a way to get a free trial. They give you a certain amount of time to try it, then you'll be asked to buy it to continue using the software. I'm not too sure though!
Marcuzzo
recked wrote:
there is a way to get a free trial. They give you a certain amount of time to try it, then you'll be asked to buy it to continue using the software. I'm not too sure though!

yes they do.
the trial can be downloaded here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=dreamweaver
but what good will that do? by the time you've figured out how it works... the trial period ended.

there are plenty of free ones out there, some even open source.. like Amaya
dude_xyx
Dreamweaver the best web editor out there but it's not free. You can download the 30 day trial version from Abode website. I don't think there is a free alternative which can be compared with it.
Nemesis234
dude_xyx wrote:
Dreamweaver the best web editor out there

sorry but dreamweaver is complete and utter crap. i would much prefere to use notepad instead of that crap. if you know anything about coding you should do it yourself, and not let a program like dreamweaver try and do it for you and fail miserably.
chartcentral
I'd say Dreamweaver actually is a big help for developers. At the very least, they wouldn't have to worry on HTML and CSS codes, but instead concentrate on the back-end programming language they use (PHP, ColdFusion, Java and others). Its added features are also good! Dreamweaver makes a programmer work with more efficiency. Smile
Diablosblizz
Dreamweaver is a horrible WYSIWYG editor, unless your doing HTML. Personally, I don't do JUST HTML so Dreamweaver get's all confused and whatnot. I use phpDesigner. Much better, as it's harder to remember PHP then HTML.
r4inm4ker
Nemesis234 wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
Dreamweaver the best web editor out there

sorry but dreamweaver is complete and utter crap. i would much prefere to use notepad instead of that crap. if you know anything about coding you should do it yourself, and not let a program like dreamweaver try and do it for you and fail miserably.

it's like saying that you'll use notepad to write c++ code instead of using something like Visual Studio or Eclipse or other advanced editors.
Or using ms-paint to draw instead of using painter or photoshop.
As with a lot of softwares, you need to do some homework and learn about the UI and workflow before being able to get both clean and great results out of it. Yes it will fill the html with a lot of redundant codes if you just blindly clicked and press and write some stuff. But with some knowledge of how webpage and Dreamweaver themselves work, it really could produce good stuff fast.
tamilparks
thanks for the very good tips
tamilparks
admin please close the topic
jwellsy
Try NVU it's free.