FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Forum Software?

Dementei
Is free forum software allowed to be used?
Such as SMF or phpBB?

In the rules it has:

Can not use,
"vBulletin, IPB and other paid forums/software without prior permission from an administrator."

So free forums are allowed?, but if they are paid for then we have to ask an admin?

Thanks, just wondering what I can do.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
rickylau
Why not? the restriction applies to PAID softwares, not the free ones.

The reason of limitation seems to be a prevention of piracy of commercial software.
As long as a software is FREE, how come there can be a "pirated" version of it?
Dementei
Yea I was thinking that.
I installed SMF.
Yea I was also thinking about pirating Lefora, haha. Those are some nice forums.
ChrisCh
I've always used phpBB, and have found it extremely versatile and customisable. A few years ago, I had the forum part of my website operating separately, but managed to write the code for my own private messaging system, and integrated it into the forum software as well as my own (normal) site. Very Happy