FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't upload files on server

md7dani
I get these messages when I try to upload files on the server:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(test_files/images/_JX/IMGP0133.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/md7dani/domains/easyfind.frihost.org/form.php on line 471

Warning: move_uploaded_file(test_files/images/_JX/IMGP0145.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/md7dani/domains/easyfind.frihost.org/form.php on line 477

I've set the folder, /images/ to full rights, 777.

Do you have a clue what's wrong here?

thnx!
Asap170
I've been having a problem with Microsoft Visual Web Developer it wouldn't get some files for some reason. I believe it's on Frihost's side because I tried the same thing as you or maybe the folder got corrupted try deleting the folder and re-uploading what you had there.
cr3ativ3
md7dani wrote:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(test_files/images/_JX/IMGP0133.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/md7dani/domains/easyfind.frihost.org/form.php on line 471

Warning: move_uploaded_file(test_files/images/_JX/IMGP0145.JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/md7dani/domains/easyfind.frihost.org/form.php on line 477

thnx!

You might need to change permissions on the folder "_JX" inside the images folder as well? Also, it should matter but perhaps change the permissions on form.php as well.
md7dani
cr3ativ3 wrote:
md7dani wrote:

thnx!

You might need to change permissions on the folder "_JX" inside the images folder as well? Also, it should matter but perhaps change the permissions on form.php as well.

yeah thanks, fixed it by changing permissions on all the folders and also moved all the files and put them in root folder.
Asap170
md7dani wrote:
cr3ativ3 wrote:
md7dani wrote:

thnx!

yeah thanks, fixed it by changing permissions on all the folders and also moved all the files and put them in root folder.

What did you change permissions to? You should change them to 644 (safer) or 755. If you did 777 it's not wise because it'll make your site less secure.