FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop cs5 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 8,which do you ?w

granvals
Which Photo Editing tool do you prefer to use,and why doyou prefer to use it?I prefer to use Photoshop CS5 because it seems somewhat simpler to me,and the fact that it has MANY more features than Photoshop Elements 8.
amperx
well ps elements is a TRIMMED version of your ps5 so obviously it has lesser features than its full version brother, but for me for digital illustrations im contented using ps elements already Very Happy
Jean-Clod
Photoshop simpler? You are serious?
I admit I didn't try CS5, but CS4 (Extended though) is really heavy in functionnality, the first time I used it, I was completely overwhelmed. But since then, I know what you're talking about, I've always been using Photoshop. (also Paint.NET is a really good (and fast) alternative (on Windows) for doing quick jobs
william
As it has been said, Elements 8 is a trimmed down version of Photoshop CS5, so of course CS5 is the better application. I'm not sure about it being simpler than Elements, I found both to be about the same in simplicity. And both are pretty darn simple for what they are. I tried explaining how to use Photoshop CS3 to someone, and he caught on pretty quickly. I can't say the same about my image editing application of choice, the GIMP.

So anyway, between Elements 8 and CS5, give me CS5. But I use the GIMP. It's free (open source for the win) and I'm not going out and spending hundreds on Photoshop. Pricing aside though, I will admit Photoshop CS5 is the better application.
Jean-Clod
I agree with you, on mostly everything, but I must admit I'm not very fond of The GIMP. I think it's very "bloated". Even if it has lots of features, its usability really sucks.. it gives me headache each time I have to use it (photo editing on linux for instance)