You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't send email

I cannot seem to be able to send email anymore with Frihost, and I have a feeling that it's some really stupid mistake on my part. I keep getting messages returned to me, similar to this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on

The message identifier is: 1Od8Za-00037F-OL
The date of the message is: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:18:11 -0400
The subject of the message is: Re: confirm 3cb70c635d5f39662696bd333f829ed96b46c468

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

I am using Thunderbird for my email, I have the server name set as, port 110, username for each email account is ***username***, and the password is correct. Could it be that connection security is STARTTLS?

*EDIT* And it only happens sometimes. I just sent a test email from myself to my Gmail account and it arrived appeared in the account less than 2 seconds after I sent it.

Thanks in advance,

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Ghost Rider103
I've always had difficult times trying to sync my email clients with my email addresses (not just Frihost).

But once I get them synced correctly everything usually runs smoothly.

Try using the web mail clients for a few days and see if it gives you any issues. If it does, then it's something wrong with the server. If not, then it's something wrong with your email client most likely. I remember using Thunderbird and I eventually switched to Outlook. Can't remember why exactly, but I know Thunderbird was giving me some serious issues with my mail accounts.

To get to the web mail client, just go to
Nah, it's not Thunderbird because I have also been getting messages from the server that say that the server couldn't deliver the messages, which means the server has them, its just not sending them. It only happens sometimes also. Its weird.

Nick Confused Confused Confused