FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many sudomains can I have?

andrew72nd
Is it possible to have several frihost sub-domains for one user?
How can it be done if the possibility exists?
Bikerman
Yep.
Take mine - - root domain is http://camres.frih.net (don't click it - the site is being rebuilt)
I could have.........domain.camres.frih.net
...........................another.domain.camres.frih.net
...........................newone.camres.frih.net
...........................chips.camres.frih.net
and so on...
I don't think there is a limit but I couldn't be sure without checking and I'm a tab busy on three computers right this mo....

Ahh, finished. OK where was I ?...Oh yes.
Go into your account control panel and there is a little chappy called 'SubDomain management. That will let you create sub domains to your heart's content....
andrew72nd
OK.So, in C-panel I should look for Subdomain management. Thanks!
hamza1122
Yes just look in subdomain management and you can create as many subdomains as you want. It says unlimited subdomains on the front page.
Andreid
ok...thank you for your tips. i just added a subdomain to my subdomain. this is where I was trying to get to: with one user can I have 2 sub-domains like site1.frihost.org and site2.frihost.org?(or I have to have 2 users?) I know I can have subsite1.site1.frihost.org and so on(that part I understood from the begining). Thanks for your answers!
Nemesis234
Andreid wrote:
ok...thank you for your tips. i just added a subdomain to my subdomain. this is where I was trying to get to: with one user can I have 2 sub-domains like site1.frihost.org and site2.frihost.org?(or I have to have 2 users?) I know I can have subsite1.site1.frihost.org and so on(that part I understood from the begining). Thanks for your answers!

i currently run 6 sub-domains with 1 user account, no problem there.
zeda
Andreid wrote:

It seems to depend on what you mean by users. But it seems that it is only allowed to have 1 user account.
Bondings
Andreid wrote:

We only allow one something.frihost.org unfortunately. However there are a lot of free subdomain providers that you can use, like http://freedns.afraid.org/ .