FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Bandwidth Manager for Windows 7

nam_siddharth
Can anyone suggest me any free Bandwidth manager for Windows 7 based server. I run a cyber cafe, and I want to control Bandwidth speed of client PCs and monitor their Bandwidth usage.
nam_siddharth
no help?
harismushtaq
What server are you using to provide workstations in your cyber cafe to get access ? If you are using ISA, you may not need a separate software to control the bandwidth but instead an ISA add-on will work. You can find such add-ons online but I'll try to find one and post here. If however you are using some other proxy server, you may look at its configuration. On the contrary, if you are not using any particular software to work as a proxy between your cyber cafe workstations and internet, you will have to do it first and without it you will not be able to control the traffic and badwidth in an easy way (though I think still there are ways).
nam_siddharth
harismushtaq wrote:
What server are you using to provide workstations in your cyber cafe to get access ? If you are using ISA, you may not need a separate software to control the bandwidth but instead an ISA add-on will work. You can find such add-ons online but I'll try to find one and post here. If however you are using some other proxy server, you may look at its configuration. On the contrary, if you are not using any particular software to work as a proxy between your cyber cafe workstations and internet, you will have to do it first and without it you will not be able to control the traffic and badwidth in an easy way (though I think still there are ways).

I am using built in Internet Connection Sharing(ICS) option of Windows 7. I am currently using "Softperfect Bandwidth Manager" to control network traffic. But it is a trial version only. I had previously used "Desksoft BWmeter" for this purpose. That was great software, but was trial only. I want something like "Desksoft BWmeter" for free.

By the way, what is ISA? I thing I am not using it. I am not using any proxy either. I hate proxies.