FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can i change the subdomain of My Website ??

ankur209
I have my website hosted by frihost...

Its http://www.ankurkumar.frihost.org/

I want to change the .frihost.org to something like fri.net or something else xcept this .org

Can it be??
If yes tell me how to do it safely...!!
ChrisCh
The only way would be to register your own domain with somewhere like GoDaddy (which would give you your own .com - eg. www.ankurkumar.com if it's available, and then add that domain in DiractAdmin. The subdomain on the end is provided by FriHost, and Server 4 uses the .org for the domains. The only other way would be to have Bondings manually move you to one of the other servers which use frih.net or one of the others - but you'd have to talk to him to see if that is possible. Smile
fladry
Why do you need to fri.net subdomain when you can get a domain for free? you can get www.ankurkumar.tk(it's not used Very Happy) for free by resiering it in www.dot.tk. You can use your own nameservers there and point them to your frihost account. This domain sounds better than other and you can get it for Totally free. The only thing is that you must get atleast 25 visitors in 90 days which is not that hard for a nice website.