FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OnlineArmor has blocked my wireless

welshsteve
I think OnlineArmor has blocked my wireless from working. It waqs working fine when I had Comodo Internet Security installed, but that was slowing my system down so I removed it and installed Avast Anti Virus and OnlineArmor firewall. One or the other is now blocking my wireless from working and I'm having to plug in using an ethernet cable instead.

Is anybody able to help?
mkpeter
Under Firewall > Computers > Wireless Network Connection there were about 10 items listed with Addr and Mac numbers. Some are "Not trusted"and some are "Unknown". There doesn't seem to be a way to change their status individually.

Under Interfaces there is "Wireless Network Connection" (My Netgear transceiver) and Local Area Connection. I checked both of these and some of the items in the list under "Computers" disappeared. There are now six remaining. Two are red "Untrusted", 4 are amber "Unknown". The last appears to be my hard drive. I don't have any idea what these represent.

When I check Reset List under "Computers" I am queried about my Netgear connection and reply with Trust Network. This brings the network connection back up to 54 Mps, but I still cannot connect to the Internet.

Also, I have received balloon popups regarding some sort of Mac address problems (fake or phony Mac address? They disappear too quickly to write down.)

This is a home system in a remote location so quite secure as far as the wireless is concerned. There's a Macintosh connected to the wireless router via hardwire. The router itself receives a wireless connection from my IP antenna (a community wireless network that is providing service to my local wireless network).