FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO - Search Engine Optimization?

elegant
What is SEO? How does it work? Is there any software availble for it? Can I make my website most visited website using it?
fladry
SEO means search engine optimization. It is just a method of designing your website such that it will be more search engline friendly and your site will get higher page rank and surely higher traffic. Put suitable meta tags and description. Also put more suitable and relevant title in your website. Increase your content and increase the links of your site in other sites. Your site will be optimized. There may be other methods also but these are all that i do and you can do them for free. The best method surely is link building.
the-guide
elegant wrote:
What is SEO? How does it work? Is there any software availble for it? Can I make my website most visited website using it?

It's hard to answer all about SEO you asked. If you're very new to SEO, may be this FREE E-Book called "Search Engine Optimization MADE EASY" can help you. There are many sites that give away this pdf ebook and you can get it for free! Just search on Google with the phrase "free seo made easy pdf ebook" and check it out there.

However, keep in mind that the SEO tactics always change very fast so you need to follow it up closely and regularly.

Hope this useful.
metalfreek
SEO = Search engine Optimization

The main purpose of Search engine Optimization is to menage your site in such a way that search engines easily finds what you are trying to tell. Or simply put Search engine Optimization is used to rank well in search engines.

There are basically two types of Search engine Optimization
1. Onpage Search engine Optimization
2. Offpage Search engine Optimization

Try google and you will find tons of information on Search engine Optimization.
the-guide
metalfreek wrote:
There are basically two types of Search engine Optimization
1. Onpage Search engine Optimization
2. Offpage Search engine Optimization

And in conclusion,

On-Page Optimization This includes all of the things you do on every web
page that really assits search engines figure out how to index them properly
and where you make the finest fit in search results.

Off-Page Optimization Unlike "On-Page Optimization", these are the things you do outer to
your site, such as getting back links, Social Bookmarking, etc. This serves to
drive traffic from popular sites while provide a back link to your site at the same time.

However, do not use the process of trying to fake skew search results.
These ways are called "Black Hat" and in most cases they are not sustainable in
the long-term. Wink
hellyson
There was a time when people used to optimized website for misspelled words, but it was a time when Google and other search engines don't have incorporated spelling check in the SERP. Now even if you optimize for a wrong spelled word, the "did you mean" in the search results will take the traffic to the accurate word. More than 85% people click on "did you mean" link and will get redirected to the exact word search query. So from remaining 15% how much visitors will you get, will that be a quality visitor, and is this worth the effort? You can decide easily.
inphurno
a simple definition and some starter links, seomoz.org is definetly a great resource when you starting out for seo...

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a web site web presence.

[/url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization

http://guides.seomoz.org/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291
alexter
So far your question is concerned you need to learn a lot buddy. I would suggest you to first start with Aron Wall's SEOBOOK. Understand things proper then Read some SEO forums and SEO Blog websites.

And try practically what you have studied on some websites.

Step by step learning is the best way to learn SEO. There is no software or program that can make you SEO overnight. It is a self learning and evolving process. You have to go yourself through it, there is no shortcut.
greamnell
SEO means Search Engine Optimization & you can promote your business / site through SEO. There are two types of SEOs, White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. I think there are no long term advantages or benefits of Black Hat SEO. So I recommend do only White Hat SEO techniques.
joelmurdoch
SEO is a methods which helps search engines search and rank your site higher than the other sites in reply to a search query.
sowmya
SEO, which stands for search engine optimization can be defined as a process of creating and analysing individual web pages. Its main intention is to provide better results in a shorter period of time as well as within a reasonable price. Its really very much user friendly, which helps in reducing lots of complexities involved in it.