FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fallout: New Vegas

Dementei

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I can't wait for this game.
I loved Fallout 3, it was so realistically done as an RPG.
Everything mattered, every choice. I mean so do other RPGs, but
no other RPG can compare to Fallout 3.

Quote:
Fallout: New Vegas is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will use the same engine and be in the same style as Fallout 3, and is being developed by some of the people who worked on previous Fallout games at Black Isle Studios. It will be set in and around post-apocalyptic Las Vegas (New Vegas). It has an official release date of October 19th in North America and October 22nd in Europe and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is currently at the top of the pre-order charts.

Release Date: October19th, 2010

Fallout: New Vegas Debut Trailer

Source: The Vault, the Fallout Wiki
QrafTee
It looks like Fallout 3.1... which isn't a bad thing assuming that this game has less bugs than Fallout 3--I hate CTDs.
Starrfoxx
That picture looks awesome! I'm looking forward to this one too.
Dementei
Yea, it's supposedly going to be a FULL game and not just a typical expansion, which is pretty sweet. So we can expect a full length game here. Very Happy
QrafTee
Dementei wrote:
Yea, it's supposedly going to be a FULL game and not just a typical expansion, which is pretty sweet. So we can expect a full length game here. Very Happy
Oh, I have no doubt it'll be a full game. However, it looks like little has improved over Fallout 3 in terms of texture, graphics, physics, weapons, and characters--it looks like Bethesda gave all of their graphical resources and models to Obsidian and told them to do as they will. Again, that's not an entirely horrible thing.
Dementei
Have you seen this yet?
Fallout: New Vegas Gameplay
QrafTee
Dementei wrote:
Have you seen this yet?
Yep, new place, new story, same everything else... basically. I wonder if the cap will be at 30 from the start and whether or not the skills be changed.
spinout
I started to continue fallout 3 yersterday - I have have such trouble to get to rivet city. Now I took a chance and runned as fast as I could ! yiihoo - I outrunned the supermutant on the roof that was shooting at me and got there!!!
QrafTee
spinout wrote:
I started to continue fallout 3 yersterday - I have have such trouble to get to rivet city. Now I took a chance and runned as fast as I could ! yiihoo - I outrunned the supermutant on the roof that was shooting at me and got there!!!
Yeah, that's what I do. I grab 9 to Intelligence and make a mad dash to Rivet City when I'm out of the Vault to grab the Intelligence Bobble.
c'tair
I liked Fallout 3, it was a pretty well done game. It even captured some of the "magic" that was present in F1 and F2, but not all of it. I'm looking forward to New Vegas because I think it will be better than Fallout 3. And I like gambling Smile
rayxzero
Fallout 3 is the future version of Elders Scroll.
spinout
I played some more yesterday - I got the hooker to rivet city - and only just better karma... Confused
On the same side (east) of the river it is mostly smashed up houses, it seems hard to go anywhere not going on the bigger open "roads"... or is there a way to jump over the junk between the houses??? I tried and no it feel like the piles are too high Confused
Flakky
QrafTee wrote:
It looks like Fallout 3.1... which isn't a bad thing assuming that this game has less bugs than Fallout 3--I hate CTDs.
Haha fallout 3 is great but I stopped playing due to CTDs. Got me so mad I refused to play it and have fun. Each time I had fun I remembered myself how quickly it could end Razz
smsmcfarland
You have no idea how long i've been waiting for this. My friend and I have been staying up till the late hours of the night replaying fallout 3 over and over again. Really addicting games Bethesda has produced. I heard that the original creators of fallout were in on this one and Bethesda is only publishing it. Its blackrock studios if im correct. I still can't wait to explore a new wasteland ;D
spinout
I still can't get through on smaller passages. But I have found more resources... Don't feel poor anymore.

I saw some guy in a water tank - who is that?

Those supermutants isn't so hard - but the raiders have more goods.
Dementei
@smsmcfarland
Obsidian Entertainment is developing New Vegas, but anyways it's still gonna be a great game.

@spinout
Yea supermutants give like.. a rifle, ammo, and probably some body part lol.
And not sure which water tank you are talking about.
Also pretty sure on the east side of the river you have to go through the sewers if you want to go anywhere..they are more like big underground tunnels I think they used them for trains.
driftingfe3s
QrafTee wrote:
Dementei wrote:
Have you seen this yet?
Yep, new place, new story, same everything else... basically. I wonder if the cap will be at 30 from the start and whether or not the skills be changed.

Yeah it seems basically the same game with a new location. I'll probably play it still just because Fallout 3 was so fun. Hopefully they improved on enough features to make it feel like a better game, if not a different one.
HacZer
I can' wait to watch this movie. I am expecting this movie since April and I am really excited. I have a plan to watch this movie with my friends.
Flakky
HacZer wrote:
I can' wait to watch this movie. I am expecting this movie since April and I am really excited. I have a plan to watch this movie with my friends.
Movie 8S
QrafTee
So this is the new Fallout: New Vegas TV Spot: http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/fallout-new-vegas-tv-spot/350199?playlist=featured

It certainly looks dated compared to new titles, but it should be fun nonetheless.
D'Artagnan
QrafTee wrote:
Dementei wrote:
Have you seen this yet?

REaalyy?? last ttime i saw the news it was going to be a expansion, please somebody have a confirmaiton?

i would really enjoy a new fallout! i loved Fallout 3 - despite the bugs and looking too much like TES:oblivion
QrafTee
D'Artagnan wrote:
QrafTee wrote:
Dementei wrote:
Have you seen this yet?

REaalyy?? last ttime i saw the news it was going to be a expansion, please somebody have a confirmaiton?

i would really enjoy a new fallout! i loved Fallout 3 - despite the bugs and looking too much like TES:oblivion
Well The Elder Scrolls--I believe--was developed by Bethesda (who also developed Fallout 3 and its expansion packs). Fallout: New Vegas is developed by Obsidian (who developed Neverwinter Nights 2 and the upcoming Dungeon Siege 3)

As a result, it is not an expansion pack of Fallout 3 (all 5 planned DLC has already been released). Although it technically takes place 3 years after Fallout 3, it is not a real sequel because it takes place on the West Coast and reportedly none of the Fallout 3 characters will show up in Fallout: New Vegas.

What is interesting though is how similarly Fallout: New Vegas looks compared to Fallout 3. I'm guessing Bethesda gave Obsidian all their textures, models, environments, and such and told Obsidian to do something with it while they work on Fallout 4.

Also, I'd like to point out Obsidian is made up of some of the people behind Fallout and Fallout 2.
LostOverThere
Quote:
Obsidian Entertainment is developing New Vegas, but anyways it's still gonna be a great game.

This part worries me. While I'm normally not one to judge (I happily picked up The Conduit despite High Voltage Software's track record), Obsidian Entertainment's last title was Alpha Protocol, which received less than favourable reviews...
nikjerry
I have read this all of the stuff and would like to say you that when I played Fallout New Vegas at 3 earlier this year, I got the impression that it was basically more of the same. The more thing that I want to say you that there was the same faction-based open-ended gameplay as Bethesda's acclaimed Fallout 3.
Dementei
It's more adventures, more stories, more guns, more improvements.. more everything. It's going to be great, especially since it's a full game it's basically Fallout 4. I have no doubt it'll be fantastic even if Obsidian is working on it, Bethesda is working on it too with them. I've been playing the DLC for Fallout 3, such great adventures..I want more!! This satisfies my gaming urge.
QrafTee
Dementei wrote:
It's more adventures, more stories, more guns, more improvements.. more everything. It's going to be great, especially since it's a full game it's basically Fallout 4. I have no doubt it'll be fantastic even if Obsidian is working on it, Bethesda is working on it too with them. I've been playing the DLC for Fallout 3, such great adventures..I want more!! This satisfies my gaming urge.
Well I wouldn't go as far as to claim it's like Fallout 4 when it clearly isn't. Bethesda is making it very clear that Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas is more like a side story a couple of years after Fallout 3 using a dated engine because they--Bethesda--is working on the true Fallout 4--hopefully with an updated game engine.
spinout
My oldest kid like me to play fallout 3 so I have advanced a bit- lvl 9- and the ammo search has gone better. Just rescued the papa and watched him died at another place and went to the brotherhood of steel...

So far a bit better - I seem to get hold of more ammo. Or find more valuable stuff.. fun game now when I can get hold of stuff better...
QrafTee
spinout wrote:
My oldest kid like me to play fallout 3 so I have advanced a bit- lvl 9- and the ammo search has gone better. Just rescued the papa and watched him died at another place and went to the brotherhood of steel...

So far a bit better - I seem to get hold of more ammo. Or find more valuable stuff.. fun game now when I can get hold of stuff better...
In New Vegas there is an optional hardcore mode in which ammo has weight. Think about how much less you can carry (and pick up) with that in mind. Wink
Dementei
It's almost here..but what sucks is that my GTX 280 just fried last night and I am waiting for a 50$ temporary graphics card to get here I just bought from Newegg. It'll be here a day after New Vegas is released, not bad though I got so much time in the world.. Surprised
spinout
that hardcore stuff seems the end to me... I have gr8 trouble of getting things with me cos the weight... Hm, this means I have to run forward and back all the time, barter things...
QrafTee
Dementei wrote:
It's almost here..but what sucks is that my GTX 280 just fried last night and I am waiting for a 50$ temporary graphics card to get here I just bought from Newegg. It'll be here a day after New Vegas is released, not bad though I got so much time in the world.. Surprised
$50 graphics card? Ugh... So you're going to be playing on Super Low settings then... *shivers* Might as well play on a console.
spinout wrote:
that hardcore stuff seems the end to me... I have gr8 trouble of getting things with me cos the weight... Hm, this means I have to run forward and back all the time, barter things...
Well you have several options:
A. Hardcore Mode is optional, so just don't play it.
B. Do what you said and go backwards and forward all the time.
C. Do B and barter things as well.
D. Do B and C and be more picky as to what you pick up (pick up ammo for weapons in what you specialize in)
E. Work on increasing your strength attribute so you can carry more.
F. Do E and/or get perks that increase your carrying capacity/strength.
Dementei
QrafTee wrote:
Dementei wrote:
$50 graphics card? Ugh... So you're going to be playing on Super Low settings then... *shivers* Might as well play on a console.

Well it's not too bad of a card, check it out SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 . It should get the job done on medium-high settings, hopefully. I will never buy an Nvidia product again it was really a waste of $550 to get that GTX 280 Confused
c'tair
Ah, finally. I've heard some bad stuff about it actually - like it's about only a bigger DLC than a true continuation of Fallout. Can't wait for Fallout 4, but that might be a few years away. And I think it would be much better if they got the people that did Fallout 1 and 2 to help out with Fallout 4 because even though Fallout 3 was a good game, it was nowhere near as GOD DAMN AWESOME as 1-2 were, just my 2 cents.

As for New Vegas, I'm gonna get it soon, I just have to wait for my paycheck to get here because I have a whole 63 cents to my name Razz
QrafTee
c'tair wrote:
Ah, finally. I've heard some bad stuff about it actually - like it's about only a bigger DLC than a true continuation of Fallout. Can't wait for Fallout 4, but that might be a few years away. And I think it would be much better if they got the people that did Fallout 1 and 2 to help out with Fallout 4 because even though Fallout 3 was a good game, it was nowhere near as GOD DAMN AWESOME as 1-2 were, just my 2 cents.

As for New Vegas, I'm gonna get it soon, I just have to wait for my paycheck to get here because I have a whole 63 cents to my name Razz
Fallout: New Vegas basically is just Fallout 3.1. It's Oblivion working with Bethesda's hand-me-downs and making a game out of it which brings back some of the spirit found in Fallout 1 and 2--because some of the developers of Fallout 1 and 2 worked on Fallout: New Vegas.

The problem is that the game is so buggy. It's as buggy as Fallout 3 was when it first came out--if not more. I remember the days where games were released after extensive testing so because they could not be "patched." Nowadays all these games are coming out half broken or half finished, and then "fixed." (like what Microsoft did with the Xbox 360)
recked
Saw this at gamestop and was wondering what the hell is fallout doing in vegas...=X
QrafTee
recked wrote:
Saw this at gamestop and was wondering what the hell is fallout doing in vegas...=X
They're going back to their West Coast roots, yep.
Marcuzzo
I agree with QrafTee, the game is buggy.
sometimes you see a coyote or bark/rad scorpion moonwalk up a ramp with his face halfway in the ground, or they get stuck in a bolder or fall out the map.
I never played fallout 1 and 2 but I did play Oblivion and Fallout 3 and I love the game in spite of the bugs.
Plaintiff
This game looks nice but i don't like this kind of games, i have played fallout 3 but it isnt my style,
spinout
Ican say the cover was sooooo good looking! atleast.

Still struggling with 3 so I'm not grabbing it yet. Reached level 10 yesterday , took the luck-perk - haha got lucky in battle!!!