FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cowboy Bebop + Live Action Movie!

Dementei
I was looking through trying to find a thread about CB but didn't find one, I'm sure there's an older thread of it.
Well anyway, if you are a Cowboy Bebop fan such as myself, you should know about the real action movie coming out!

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
On July 22, 2008, IF Magazine published an article on its website regarding a rumor of a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie in development by 20th Century Fox. Producer Erwin Stoff said that the film's development was in the early stages, and that they had "just signed it". Keanu Reeves has been confirmed as playing the role of Spike Spiegel. Variety confirmed on January 15, 2009, that the production company Sunrise Animation will be "closely involved with the development of the English language project." The site also confirmed Kenji Uchida, Shinichiro Watanabe, and series writer Keiko Nobumoto as associate producers, series producer Masahiko Minami as a production consultant, and Peter Craig as screenwriter. It is currently slated for release in 2011.

Keanu Reeves! Yes!
Anyone else excited about this?

(IMDB: Cowboy Bebop 2011)

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
QrafTee
I hope Hollywood doesn't rape another anime to live action movie project... but they might.
Starrfoxx
This will be interesting to see, but yeah I hope HOllywood won't mess it up like they did The Last Airbender. But then, this is Hollywood we are speaking of.
rocket-dan
I think Keanu Reeves will be an excellent Spiderman, but only if Bruce Willis is playing Jet.
driftingfe3s
Whoa, sounds interesting... especially the casting. But I too have worries about how the movie will turn out. I don't remember a lot of cowboy beebop. I am going to have to watch it again before the movie comes out.
amperx
omg! i do hope this doesnt turn out an epic fail movie like all other live action ones...

though chances are with hollywood handling it, it will turn out like that Sad
jigoku05
lol @ the mock up picture. that doesn't look like spike at all!
rayxzero
They should make all anime live action for asian actor/actress, except for those anime character who was based in western characteristic.
ato784
QrafTee wrote:
I hope Hollywood doesn't rape another anime to live action movie project... but they might.

I agree, and most likely it wil not be any good, but hey, they have surprised us in the past.
dude_xyx
Well I hope they will do it in right way. I'm a space movie fan as well as Anime. I'm not type go crazy about excepting everything identical to original Manga or Anime but looking forward to see a Good story.
PureReborn
No way............

Not sure if I want to believe this or not. I dont want more Cowboy bebop, but pretty scared about a hollywood adaptation.