FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Want some fonts?

fladry
This is my new site and i worked lot to design it. It is a site to download devanagari fonts. Please visit the site and rate the fonts. You can view the screenshot of the font, and also can get custom preview. There are also some other tools like Roman to Unicode which converts your text in english to devanagari text. You can enter your own text and see how it looks in devanagari unicode. Click here to visit my site.
rjraaz
Excellent collection of hindi fonts and the software is also great.

I like it. i usually use my own fonts so thats very usefull for me
fladry
Thanks rjraaz. I would be greatful if anyone reviewed the language of my site. I am not english speaker myself and there are(maybe) lots of mistakes in the language of the site. So, i would like to request you all to review the language also.
rjraaz
fladry wrote:
Thanks rjraaz. I would be greatful if anyone reviewed the language of my site. I am not english speaker myself and there are(maybe) lots of mistakes in the language of the site. So, i would like to request you all to review the language also.

ok i will try to review your language but if you are providing hindi fonts try to design your site in same language
fladry
rjraaz wrote:
fladry wrote:

ok i will try to review your language but if you are providing hindi fonts try to design your site in same language

That's exactly what i am doing now. The site is designed multi lingual but i have currently disabled the language bar and other language pages. I am currently converting it into hindi and nepali language. So, you can actually see it in 3 languages(a bit later). I thought that i should first make the english version properly and go on making it multilingual. I have converted all the font names to devanagari. But, i have not converted other pages to other languages. I will do it soon. But for now, i should focus on the english version.
Ghost Rider103
Not a bad site!

Anyways, I'd recommend to remove the advertisement in the left side column, and use that for your secondary navigation like you have on the right-hand side on the "fonts" page.

It's confusing to see those links on the right side on the fonts page because I think it's an ad over there. I actually almost missed it until I visited that page for a second time. So either way, I'd use the right column for the ad, and use the left column for what you are currently using the right column for.

You also seem to have a lot of information below the font. Like "Link this page" "Share with your friends", etc. and to me, it all just looks like clutter and is very distracting.

I think leaving the "Share with your friends" section would be fine to keep, but you only need one box for an email. I'd remove all the other ones. I would definitely remove the "Link this page" as most people would just copy-paste the address link anyways. This would help reduce the clutter of your website and keep them focused on the fonts.

Also, why is there a link to "CSS" in your footer? No viewer cares about that, so I don't see a need for it there.

Anyways, you are doing a great job. Those are just the imperfections I'm pointing out. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Good luck with your website.
fladry
Thanks a lot Ghost Rider for such detailed review. As you told, i have removed the "link to this page". And, i have reduced the recommend to friend's friend email to 3. That would be better because that is same as 1 field as it is horizontal. And, the CSS at the footer is just because i don't have any link to keep there. I have also removed it as you said. And, do you think that i should keep the text below the "Recommend to a friend"? i mean all the text like "we will send --- to your friend, blah..blah..blah" Do you think i can use smaller text to reove the cluster?

I will change the sidebar later because i don't have much time now. I will change it within few days.

And, i like perfectionist like you. Smile
fladry
I have also changed the position of the sidebar to the right so it looks less like a ad.
rjraaz
fladry wrote:
I have also changed the position of the sidebar to the right so it looks less like a ad.

Now Insert some navigation to your left side bar like "random fonts" "software" etc.
fladry
random fonts are already displayed at the bottom of the page. So, that space will be left blank for the future. I will utilize it later.
spinout
I'm always looking some 50s style fonts. got any?
rjraaz
spinout wrote:
I'm always looking some 50s style fonts. got any?

try these :

www.fontspace.com/category/retro,1950s

desktoppub.about.com/od/freefonts/l/bl_dd_retro1.htm

www.abstractfonts.com/font/5648

OR give some example for that you want