FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Da Vinci Code

gh0strec0n_legit
Is this book worth the read? I've been putting it off for a few years now but I am really interested in the Illuminati and the other topics covered in this book but is it a boring read?
menino
I read the book before seeing the movie, and liked a lot of it, especially the adventure parts and the thrilling and suspense.. it reminded me much like the hardy boys and Nancy drew books I used to read a long time ago.
But the religious parts, although is fiction and somehow based on a real group, to me I just took it as a storyline.

If you've seen the movie already, then its not much point reading the book, unless you really like literature.
deanhills
I liked the book much more than the movie. I was really disappointed in the movie. I read the book just after it came out, and it was something completely different, exciting, and the momentum in it was very fast.
kutekitten
The book is pretty much the exact opposite of boring, it's exciting and fast-paced (especially if you read as quickly as I can) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The movie was a bit of a disappointment, but then again, I've rarely found a movie that wasn't when compared to the book. I basically considered the book pure fiction while I read it, even though it's supposed to be based on real facts. I would completely recommend it to anyone, especially if you're already interested in the Illuminati.
deanhills
kutekitten wrote:
I basically considered the book pure fiction while I read it, even though it's supposed to be based on real facts. I would completely recommend it to anyone, especially if you're already interested in the Illuminati.
I also looked at it as fiction, and had to wonder at all the fuss over "reality" of the code afterwards. I basically ignored all of that.
ato784
I do recommend the book, but the other books that Dan Brown has written? not as much. This is Dan Browns best book yet, and it is just as good as the hype about it says.
deanhills
ato784 wrote:
I do recommend the book, but the other books that Dan Brown has written? not as much. This is Dan Browns best book yet, and it is just as good as the hype about it says.
What did you think about his last book, that has just come out in soft cover where I am - "Lost Symbol"? I read the first two. I was totally impressed with the first one (I read it before people started to "hype" about it). I was a little less impressed with D'Avinci's Code, but only because I was comparing it with the first one I read. It still was OK. Since then the hype started, and I've also been Frihosting more than reading, and usually prefer non-fiction when I read. Thought it would be good to read a Novel for a change.