FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vampire Movies

GutterGlam
ok, now here is something, I love Vampire movies. Which is your favorite ? My favorite would be ... hmmmm dang this is hard, but I guess da wes craven remake,lol love it
Caxius
interview with the vampire and blade (the first film)
Ioana
Blood for Dracula by Roman Polanski.
boringest
vampire D - it's an anime but is it counted?
CrimsonStrange
I guess my top 3 would have to be Interview With The Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Once Bitten.
nakamaru
Blade.
anaficheira
My preferred film of vampires is Van Helsing Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
Caxius
anaficheira wrote:
My preferred film of vampires is Van Helsing Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

i didnt like this film Confused
earthchild
Interview with a Vampire and Underworld
mosh7454
From dask till dawn !!!!

Blade I + II
fallenintoshadows
Underworld, From Dusk til Dawn (love George Clooney's Tattoo in that film!) and Queen of The Dammed- bit cheesy but I loved the music!
althalus
I would say Underworld. I love the dark atmosphere in the movie. Smile
jarcelao
I love Van Helsing...

Especially the girls!!! hehehehe Very Happy Cool
JagatWorld
Devils Advocate
-------------------------------------

The best of the best - Emotional, Story, Suspence, Thriller, Entertainer etc etc.

A must see for all the fans in this thread........

a wonderful movie.....

Cool
EtherealDesert
Blade? Omg. Now that's not even close to being a B-movie. Well... one ought to mention The Hunger Razz
Sappho
Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned

I regret that Queen isnt as good but i like every adaptation of Rice novels.

And if we count anime too then Vampire D, Vampire Hunter or Van Helsing series.
inesquecivel
I don't like so much...

Confused
Mr_Grey
Definately Kindred: The Embraced. Its an old TV show that didnt last long, but its based on the Vampire: The Masquerade role playing games. I think you can still find it on VHS and DVD if you search really hard.
e-core
1. Interview (the classical look)
2. Underworld (modern look)
3. Queen of the Damned (Aaliyah is hot!)[/list]
Helent
I'm definately struggling to choose between Blade 1 and Underworld. I love them both. Darn, can I choose the two as a tie for 1st place?
zebrabongo
Mr_Grey wrote:
Definately Kindred: The Embraced. Its an old TV show that didnt last long, but its based on the Vampire: The Masquerade role playing games. I think you can still find it on VHS and DVD if you search really hard.

Underworld and Kindred without a doubt.
No offence to cape-wielding Dracula wannabes. Wink

But on the lighter comedy side: Buffy all the way

"I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire."
-Michael Romkey (I, Vampire)
Dean_The_Great
I have got to agree with many and say Interview with a Vampire, and I also rather enjoyed the Blade movies.

And, although I know it's not a movie, but I loved the series Angel, because David Borenaz was amazing in it, and the female cast were just smokin' hot. =P
neosree
I have watched Van Helsing and Underworld, but didnt watched 'Interview with a Vampire' . Now I want to watch it.
ainieas
Underworld
indeedwrestling
"The Lost Boys" (1987) is a terrific film. It's funny and enjoyable.
Scaramanga
indeedwrestling wrote:
"The Lost Boys" (1987) is a terrific film. It's funny and enjoyable.

Good call.

Also to the person who mentioned The Hunger, another good call! That movie is great, and has a fantastic cast. Deneuve is all kinds of sexy. You guys can keep your Van Helsing and Queen of the Damned, I'll take some of these "classics" films any day.

I'd also add "Life Force", which sadly often gets overlooked. I mean c'mon, it's got SPACE vampires (and Patrick Stewart!) Very Happy
Delirium
My favorite vampire movies are:

- The Hunger, as a great classic with good Bauhaus songs.
- Fearless vampire killers (Polinski), if you want a good laugh, rent this movie! It's totally hilarous to see the professor and his pupil try to investiguate a vampire castle =)
- Interview with a vampire, of course, it was simply perfect! the ricean view of the vampire, full of emotions, cruel but sensible is there, wrapped in gorgeous costumes and locations. Queen of the damned being good if you forget about the story in the book.
- Subspecies, the whole series of movies, Radu being the cruellest of all vampires and it's a romanian movie so they know their stuff, good historical references too.
- Underworld, of course! For those who prefer the World of Darkness, Vampire the Masquerade style of vampires, we have a great vision of the Camarilla in that movie.
- Vampire Diary, romanian movie, the spawn of Radu from subspicies, here we have another vision of some civilized vampires preying on the people of their private, high-class club.
- Bram Stocker Dracula, probably the best romantic movie of them all, everything is beautiful and makes you dream, I cried in that movie.
- Karmina, for the french people out there, great comedy with a lot's a word-play, we have french-canadian (quebeker) accent spoke in a way that it sounds romanian hahaha.
- Vamp, with Grace Jones, great dancing, action in a night club once more.
- Lost Boys, Fright Night, Life Force, Near Dark, Nosferatu...

Ok now you know I am collecting vampire movies Twisted Evil

If you want a great list of vampire movies I suggest taking a look at:

http://www.vampiremovies.co.uk/
druidbloke
mmm The Lost Boys, frightnight, howling, american werewolf in london, martin, salems lot, dusk till dawn, howling, there are loads of good ones I think ginger snap I and II are my favourites, not 3rd one so much.
druidbloke
errr which is actually a werewolf film, ah well good job I dont review movies after drinking a few pints isnt it Very Happy
Blecker
INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
DRACULA by Francis Ford Coppula
tinothompson
Definitely the 70's version of Nosferatu (it's an unofficial spin-off from the Dracula story). The acting and directing are so strange and unreal that the film turns out incredibly creepy and good. Klaus Kinski is incapable of acting like a normal human being, which obviously helps in this case Smile
kezialounel
i love Anne Rice's books, and the movie adaptations were also good, even if they changed a lot of things.

so, for me, it's Interview With A Vampire, and Queen of the Damned
hive
Interview With The Vampire, Bram Stoker's Dracula are the best for me. But I need to watch others cited in this thread...
April_May
I LOVE vampyre movies. Dusk till dawn, Queen of the damned, Underworld and Lost boys have got to be my favourite. They are more origional. Blade is... meh not that interesting. Doesnt even really have a story. Van Helsing i thought was a bit... poor. Sure his mysterious character is hot. But its not really a vampire movie
Scaramanga
Ohh, I just thought of a new one... Shadow of the Vampire. It's actually about the making of the original 1922 Nosferatu film. But the film raises the question that the actor who played the vampire, Max Schreck (Willem Dafoe in one of his best, most over-the-top roles EVER,) was in fact possibly an actual vampire. It's got a fairly stellar cast (not according to Hollywood A-list standards, but stellar nonetheless,) with such luminaries as John Malkovich, Cary Elwes, Udo Kier and a heavily made-up Eddie Izzard. Fantastic film, I highly recommend it.
MalvagioAddict
Oh, i liked looked at the previous thread and found this one, I just have to say that I loved and loved all of Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles, I have all of them, as a matter of fact they're the only book of hers that I've ever read.

As with the movie adaptation of her book Interview with a Vampire, that's the best vampire movie I've seen, not that I've seen a lot, but that one sticks out the most. I even bought the video of it, and tend to watch it atleast once a year or so since its release.

Queen of the damned though, that for me did not do anything. I was indifferent to it, which is a darn shame since Queen of the Damned as well as the Vampire Lestat were the two of favorites VC books.
emiruss
My favourite is definitely "Interview with the Vampire"~^^
i love Anne Rice, i love Brad pitt, i love lestat, and i love vampires~
MalvagioAddict
Quote:
My favourite is definitely "Interview with the Vampire"~^^
i love Anne Rice, i love Brad pitt, i love lestat, and i love vampires~

That's eerie, that's also what came out of my mouth when I was younger and I first saw the movie and then read the book.....well except the loving brad pitt part, some of it were almost verbatim.

I personally liked lestat better than louis, it must be something about being misunderstood and stuff that really calls to me.
kung_fu_stu
I've noticed that a few people have simply mentioned "From Dusk Til Dawn", and I personally feel that this particular movie is too fantastick to be simply mentioned.

Number one reason of Genius: Quentin Tarantino, I mean the man wreaks of it. Plus he's in the freakin movie!

Number two reason of Genius: The movie starts out like some badass bandit flick and they have got this chick as there hostage. INTENSE! Then they cross the border,(insert mention of the triple cameo by Cheech), then out of no where theirs a whole lot of sucking going on. HEY get your mind out of the gutter. And the brilliance of it all is that both stories blend together so magniificantly.

Number three reason of Genius: SELMA HAYEK........nuff said!
photographerguy
I love vampires...

Interview - probably my favorite, Rice's books are awesome
Blade 1 great - 2 & 3 were garbage in my opinion
Fright Night and Lost Boys are great.

Nobody mentioned Near Dark - really good
Forsaken - ok
John Carpenter's Vampires - ok
From Dusk til Dawn - great, sequels were garbage
Bram's Dracula - pretty good
Embrace of the Vampire (unrated version) - sexy
Underworld - great, hopefully part 2 is as good
Buffy and Angel - ok for tv shows
Van Helsing - dissapointment
Once Bitten - haven't seen it in years
Hunger - Don't really remember, I think I liked it.
Wes Craven's Dracula 2000 - loved it
League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Kinda cool, liked the vamp character
Kindred - must see it, heard good things
Don't care for the old b&w stuff
xBONiTAx
Interview with the vampire.. underworLd 1 & 2.. blade..
xBONiTAx
Interview with the vampire.. underworLd 1 & 2.. blade.. Queen of the damn..
andrewwallis
interview with the vampire is the best vamp movie ever, have you all read the book ? it's great, one of those cases where the book is WAY better then the movie... unlike Queen of the Damned ! That move was good but it was 2 anne rice books made into one! they should have just done 2 movies ! I would have seen them both. I think that a lot of the movies that are coming out with the vamp theme are a bit over the top, but i guess it's hard to be original and make it so your not copying Interview @!
decard cain
I watched some vampire films for my english class. we watched salems lot 1&2. the lost boys, which is great in my oppinion, also the latest one was the 1991 version of dracula, which was one of my favourites along with the lost boys, i liked the part with dracula as he was a living person, which was a nice touch
Tom Davidson
My favorite vampire movie is Salem Lot it's not as good as the book by Stephen King, of course. But David sold at a credible job, and the director to fairly good job of staying true to the book.
countessdiamond
I think my favorite Vampire movies are Fright Night, and the original Dracula with Bela Lagosi from the 1930s or '40s.
starcatcher5555
My personal favorite vampire movie is the Bela Lugosi version...

(don't you love the accent??)
Chris24
Underworld and Lost boys
Rank-1
underworld is pretty good Cool
HoboPelican
I gotta go with:

Lost Boys
From Dusk til Dawn
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie)

It's been awhile since I saw it, but I remember thinking that "Innocent Blood" was pretty good.

Transylvania 6-5000 was a bad movie, but Geena Davis in a vampire outfit? Wheeee!
talonsmallville
Hi people,

Vampires Im in love for them.
There is some mistery, some facination about them that I cant explain.
There are so many movies about them that I like so much.... There was a tv show was cancell that I saw some episodes and I really liked, but MGM here on Brazil didnt show all episodes.
It was Dark Shadows - I really loved that.

Movies that I liked some like Interview with the Vampire, Underworld (I just saw 1 until now), Dracula (that one with Keanu Reaves).
I loved so much tv shows like Angel and Buffy.
markharris
Vampire's diary is best. i like.