FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Did anyone see,Clockwork Orange ??

GutterGlam
It is one of the best flicks, I have ever see, Mind you it is old but it'as a good one
Twikki
is it on newgrounds or something?
SilverDogg
lael, is it on newgrounds XD
i hope you are joking Wink

i dont really like this movie, find it boring. then again, i find all of kubriks movies to be boring Wink.
Pinky
I've seen it once, but can't say I liked it much...
Well, except for the eyelashes that is.
Twikki
SilverDogg wrote:
lael, is it on newgrounds XD
i hope you are joking Wink

i dont really like this movie, find it boring. then again, i find all of kubriks movies to be boring Wink.

No it just sounds as if its off of there
Hippie
There's not enough support for this movie here! :-) I think its a good movie, but certainly not the best movie ever. Its just interesting.
damj
I saw it once a while ago. It's a good movie. I'm a big Sanley Kubrick fan in general.
mosh7454
One if the best 'wierd' movies ever....
jack nickolson at his peak
damj
I think that you're getting clockwork orange confused with a different movie. Jack wasn't in it ... the biggest name in it was Malcolm McDowell ....
Lokine
I liked the book better, personally; but the movie was pretty good.
tony
mosh7454 wrote:

that would be the shining. as for a clockwork orange, it was a little too weird/freaky for me.
Ioana
Lokine wrote:
I liked the book better, personally; but the movie was pretty good.

I agree the book is mutch better. Still I like the movie also. maybe that wouldn't have happened if I had read the book first. Generally I'm a big fan of Kubrick... none of the films was really boring for me (I think AI is boring, but it is not by Kubrick, using his name was just a merchandising-trick).
To the one who thinks Kubrick-Films are generally boring - Did you see also "Dr. Srangelove, or how i learned to love the bomb". If this is the case and you think this film is boring, I am sorry to say, that I can't take you serious.
thelwordNL
weird movie.. but.. i like weird, so i kinda liked it Cool
dkbg
Well, Kubrick is an acquired taste I suppose. His movies can be slow and drawn out at times, and also very odd as well, but thats an interesting aspect of his filmmaking.

I enjoyed A Clockwork Orange when I saw it, although it may have been a bit too eclectic for its own good. I would like to read the book to compare though.
damj
dkbg wrote:
Well, Kubrick is an acquired taste I suppose. His movies can be slow and drawn out at times, and also very odd as well, but thats an interesting aspect of his filmmaking.

I think though, that it can really build alot of suspense though ... He took it to an extreme with Eyes Wide Shut, which I hated, but I love most of his other stuff.
roveneco
clockwork orange is not only a movie. its a lesson for people, specialy motion picture students.
Mr_Grey
That particular movie is a major mindfreak! I was all messed up for days after watching it. However, it is one of my favorites. The message is really good too. My favorite part was when they had Alex all strapped down in the theater and started showing him images of war, violence and destruction. He liked it at first but after a few days it started getting to him. Then, to top it all off they played Beethoven in the background, thus turning him not into the socially reformed individual they though he would become, but a raving lunitic monster! This one is definately one of my top five favorites!
fireyemtgirl
I thought it was a great movie, I love Kubrick, but the movie loses a lot that the book had.... the language and things of that nature becomes more lost on you by watching the movie because you don't have to decipher it
Torchflame
I loved that film. Then again, I can't think of anything Kubrick did that I didn't like. If Kubrick is an aquired taste, I must've aquired it before I saw my first Kubrick Film. Which was Dr. Strangeglove, by the way.

And yes, it may be a bit odd, but, in the end, it says a lot, and it says it in an unusual way. I love that.
morningstar
That`s the way I try to stay awake to post here:

Wink
jaro

I believe the movie you're thinking of is One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
fecophobia
It's one of my favorite movies of all time.. Stanley Kubrick was an amazing director and it's such a great story.

Malcom McDowell is also really great as Alex.. I don't understand how people cant love this movie.
nippergunn
Agree that it is one of the best weird flicks...

Well worth a watch..
slowchildren
Clockwork Orange is one of the best movies out there. Breaking boundries.... we need more Kubrics out there. Hard to find good films these days.
mceejaydee
I love Kubricks film. My favorite from Kubrick is Full Metal Jacket. I also like Clockwork Orange, don chu just love milk.
impulse29
I really don't think that the movie wanted to be appreciated for acting, but more of what it stood for. What might seem like a good solution to a problem is seen at a totally different angle, and the extremes that come from them. It is questioning what is perceived to be normal, and that our identities cannot all fit that profile. This proves that while the disciplinary action was effective, the torture that the individual went through shouldn't be an option.

If you like this movie, you would probably also like One Flew Over The Cokoo's Nest.