FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who is the hottest lyricist ?

GutterGlam
I love hip hop and I was just wondering, what everyone one else thought.
My first choice would be Jay-Z, then Biggie Smalls. I do have many others I love but I thought it would be interesting to see, what others thought ?[/b]
bellachaos
Del, KRS one, Kool Keith, Lyrics Born, Blackalicous and MC skibadee on the flipside there is no one better.
teriyaki
Nas is definately the one.
Tupac is. His lyrics touch your soul
Common has good lyrics too.
todabeat
Well, define hottest?

Good lyrics in content - Mos Def Talib Kweli
Good vibe when ryhming- Nas / Jay Z
Freakin' awesome Wordplay- I am really feelin' Lupe Fiasco right now.
Shewolf
Lyricist..is that a word? A person who writes lyrics, poetry for music, must not be a rap artist, right?
Just wondering... Rolling Eyes
rightclickscott
MF Doom, simply amazing.
rajhank
in indian film industry, it has to be Javed Akhtar sahab or Sameer.

They both have created some excellent music though not hip-hop. Wink
KMKM
rajhank wrote:
in indian film industry, it has to be Javed Akhtar sahab or Sameer.

They both have created some excellent music though not hip-hop. Wink

absolutely correct as far as bollywood goes.. even i have the same choice. sameer is writing for himesh reshammiya nowadayas too...
as far as hip hop / rap goes...
according to meanings i vote Linkin Park's MIKE SHINODA... he just pawns!!!
and as far as rhythm and beats are concerened
then eminem and jay z hold a good stand

Kudos!
~KMKM
Allweareisair
David Lee Roth.

Who else is there?
xorcist
GutterGlam wrote:
I love hip hop and I was just wondering, what everyone one else thought.
My first choice would be Jay-Z, then Biggie Smalls. I do have many others I love but I thought it would be interesting to see, what others thought ?[/b]
I would say Biggie and then 2 pac and not even Jay-Z on there because Jay-z is a good but most of his rhymes come from Biggie Smalls and he just repeats them or add a new beat to them. I would name most people before Jay-Z he is not even the best.
Grifff
The hottest lyricist on the planet must be Lorenzo da Ponte, Pietro Metastasio or simply Andre Lders!

Cool No doubt about it
Grifff
I think that this clearly illustrates my point:

'N. 1 Duettino

FIGARO

(misurando)
Cinque... dieci.... venti... trenta... trentasei...quarantatre

SUSANNA

(specchiandosi)
Ora s ch'io son contenta;
sembra fatto inver per me.
Guarda un po', mio caro Figaro,
guarda adesso il mio cappello.

FIGARO
S mio core, or pi bello,
sembra fatto inver per te.

SUSANNA e FIGARO
Ah, il mattino alle nozze vicino
quanto dolce al mio/tuo tenero sposo
questo bel cappellino vezzoso
che Susanna ella stessa si fe'.'

Now, Listen to mozart's music to this text!

Isn't it wonderful?
tidruG
I'm not much of a rap fan, but I generall prefer Rock lyrics.

Anyway, the only rapper whose lyrics I found somewhat respectable is Eminem (cut out all the shit lyrics that he wrote solely to piss off critics and things like that).

Other lyrics that address the hypocrisy of the society make sense to me.

Then again, i haven't heard enough rap (and frankly, I doubt if I'll take to it very much)
Helios
Well, if you mean Rappers only, then you should probably change the title because Heavy Metalists like myself might get confused.

Until you do that, I'd say that my favorite song writer would be Steve Harris. Razz
rightclickscott
Once again, Metal Face Doom. If you haven't listened to some of the shit this guy throws down, you practically don't know Rap. Although, it does kind of seem like he's selling out to Adult Swim.
soldeinvierno
Helios wrote:
Until you do that, I'd say that my favorite song writer would be Steve Harris. Razz

+1, he's written some of the anthems I love to hear.

Having said that, I think I'd rather a post titled "Who is the hottest singer?"
Helios
soldeinvierno wrote:
Helios wrote:

+1, he's written some of the anthems I love to hear.

Having said that, I think I'd rather a post titled "Who is the hottest singer?"

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-374.html
matttai
Right now i am really into Dead Prez. Somewhat underground type rappers who do REAL hiphop. They do stray far from the mainstream maybe you people can try it Laughing
bigdbag
I'm going with Twista. He's sooo good at stringing rhymes together that mostly make sense. Plus he is supa fast at rapping and holds the Guinness record for number of syllables spoken in 50 seconds or something.
todabeat
tidruG wrote:
I'm not much of a rap fan, but I generall prefer Rock lyrics.

Anyway, the only rapper whose lyrics I found somewhat respectable is Eminem (cut out all the **** lyrics that he wrote solely to piss off critics and things like that).

Other lyrics that address the hypocrisy of the society make sense to me.

Then again, i haven't heard enough rap (and frankly, I doubt if I'll take to it very much)

When it comes to some rock lyrics, I really like the real life-like lyrics on Stainds and Nickleback
anxiety1
the hotest lyriist about has to be either

Alex Turner - Arctic MOnkeys
or
Plan B!
ddukki
Max Bemis is a Lyricist GOD!!! Oh, hip-hop? I don't know. Jay Zee is very smart about his lyrics, but Tupac still reigns supreme.
Ratman2050
Im representing T.I. , Young Jeezy, Macboney, DMX, Luda, Paster Troy, Lil Jon and the EastSide Boyz, Lil Wayne, Lil Rob, Lil Flip, Yung Joc, Chamillionare, Krazy Bone, Proof, Ghostface Killah, Nelly, Fly as the Sky Baby
schnitzi
Well, the thread title didn't ask for the RAP lyricist specifically, so I'm free to list my favorites:

4. Andy Partridge
3. Frank Black
2. Elvis Costello
1. Joe Strummer

Wait, you asked for *hottest* lyrcist. Um, Gwen Stefani, then.
floyd7rose
Do you mean hottest as in good or good-looking? The guys from Jedi Mind Tricks have best best lyrics and best music in hip hop/rap, so I suggest give them a listen.
kazikame
Out of rappers: Goldie Lookin' Chain (All of them)

Out of everything: Daron Malakian/Serj Tankian (Whichever one wrote vicinity of obscenity) Rolling Eyes
Your-Nemesis
GutterGlam wrote:

My first choice would be Jay-Z, then Biggie Smalls. I do have many others I love but I thought it would be interesting to see, what others thought ?

. . .AHAHA

Obviously no one here's heard of Dani Filth . . .
carbenson
Jon Anderson of Yes.
His musings take on many levels and
allow you to see realities on your earth and in your soul.
todabeat
Ratman2050 wrote:
Im representing T.I. , Young Jeezy, Macboney, DMX, Luda, Paster Troy, Lil Jon and the EastSide Boyz, Lil Wayne, Lil Rob, Lil Flip, Yung Joc, Chamillionare, Krazy Bone, Proof, Ghostface Killah, Nelly, Fly as the Sky Baby

WOW, i am not judgin your taste in music, but you got it all wrong, out of that list i will keep, Proof, Lil Wayne, and Luda, Luda mostly has one style, But both Proof and Weezy can go in between style and rap about ALOT of different things.

I mean i do like TI, and The Snowman, DMX used to be one of my favorite, but DMX doesn even write most of his stuff. and these guys always rap about the same $*it
picsite
Ludacris has pretty good lyrics