FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Resume-writing software - Any suggestions

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

I need to update my resume and need resume-writing software to do it. No templates or web applications, please. If shareware is cool if it isn't too restrictive.

Thanks!
phileplanet
There's a program called Open Office that I think people use as an altternative wordprocessing program. If you don't have Microsoft Office, this might be worth looking into. You can also edit spreadsheets and presentations btw.
gonzo
I, too, suggest OpenOffice

How your resume is to be written depends mostly on your field of employment
ChunkyBustout
Thanks for the suggestions but I used Wordpad because the programs I tried added too much crap (lines, borders, colors) and wasn't customizable enough. Amazingly enough, it turned out great using rich text format!
asim
helo,

i guess you should have tried open office or microsoft office they give your resume a good and decent looks. and u can also choose from templates they already have.
resumetemp00
There are tons in the internet. If you cant find one try this: http://www.resumeporta.com/category/counsellor-resumes.
harihb
If you want a professional resume, I suggest you to spend some time in writing one using LaTeX with resume templates. You can find one such resume in the link below. Download the pdf from this link and see for yourself.

Code:
www.yisongyue.com/resume