FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which CMS is the best?

spring567
I want to build a web site about global news,which open source free php CMS is the best?
metalfreek
Well it depends on what you are trying to build. If you are thinking of a blog, you can use wordpress. wordpress is really good and its easy to maintain.
Code:
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.

www.wordpress.org

If you are looking for other sites then you can use either Joomla or Drupal.

It all depends upon what you want to make.
Pagent003
There alot of really good cms's out there. However, i think e107 and joomla are among the best. They provide alot of functionality as well as flexibility
ChrisCh
I've tried Joomla once, and the amount of time it took to customise was ridiculous! I could have just built the website myself... It's not bad if you don't know what you're doing, or just want to get something up-and-running rather quickly, but in the long term, it's much better to do the code yourself if you can - that way, you can make it do ANYTHING you want it to - rather than just settling for second-best from someone else's software. Smile
macky
Yeah it depends what will be the content of what your developing and it's structure. For me, since i need a lot of technicalities, I use Drupal. It is very flexible, easy to maintain and when it comes to security, you can depend on it. It has a lot of modules and you can even manipulate it's php codes like for theming or the pages it self.
dwxco
wordpress is the way to go for what you want
silverdown
There is not best as long as it up to date, however it depends on the user/owner prefrence.
ankur209
I will say that Joomla is the best ever CMS i've used.With joomla I've designed upto 5 websites and it's really very simple and user-friendly.
Drupal is another a good option but Joomla is the best one...!! Razz
Aredon
ankur209 wrote:
I will say that Joomla is the best ever CMS i've used.With joomla I've designed upto 5 websites and it's really very simple and user-friendly.
Drupal is another a good option but Joomla is the best one...!! Razz

In my experience Joomla takes a long time to customize and learn. The terminology they use is especially confusing if you're not familiar with it. I think in most cases you're better of writing from scratch, unless you're already familiar with the CMS your client is looking at.
chatrack
wordpress is very flexable for most users