FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mounting an ISO

menino
Usually, you want to mount an ISO, and have to install a software to do it, like daemon tools lite, magiciso or ultraiso, or gizmo drive etc,

Below is a link to a free portable tool from Microsoft , which does just that, and is quite small in size, which makes it perfect.
It runs right off the bat, and mounts a drive and the images you want.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/mount-cd-dvd-disk-images-using-a-portable-app/

have fun with it, and hope it helps someone out there, as it helped me.

The link to the program is below :-
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe
weableandbob
So, are you saying it's portable? That would be great, seeing as all the other programs I've tried require access to the registry.
Jean-Clod
Even if it is stated to work in Vista, it didn't work for me in Windows 7 (and yes, I launched it elevated)

But it seems to be a handy tool, I'll keep it right on my hdd! Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and it is a portable tool, even if it needs some manipulation to make it work
driftingfe3s
Jean-Clod wrote:
Even if it is stated to work in Vista, it didn't work for me in Windows 7 (and yes, I launched it elevated)

But it seems to be a handy tool, I'll keep it right on my hdd! Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and it is a portable tool, even if it needs some manipulation to make it work

Sucks to hear that. Still, it sounds like a good tool to keep handy when working on computers without image mounting software already installed.
menino
I think the tool is supposed to be for windows 7 users.

But try this technique.. -> right click on it, go to properties, and choose windows XP compatibility.

Hopefully, that should work for you.

Glad you'll like it.
Jean-Clod
menino wrote:
right click on it, go to properties, and choose windows XP compatibility.

Well, that didn't work too; maybe the ISOs I tried it with have a problem (because when I check an option, it says 'Mount failed'), or maybe my windows 7 lacks something (being heavily vlited)

either way, I'll try it on another PC, with new ISOs