FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Hosting

Asap170
Hey, I have read the FAQ about Music Hosting on your servers. But I am wondering I am creating a site for someone on youtube that does covers of songs would those be considered copy-righted because their someone else's song (backing track). And this person knows I am doing this, that is the youtube user.
cr3ativ3
Asap170 wrote:
Hey, I have read the FAQ about Music Hosting on your servers. But I am wondering I am creating a site for someone on youtube that does covers of songs would those be considered copy-righted because their someone else's song (backing track). And this person knows I am doing this, that is the youtube user.

Even if he himself were to be the one uploading the songs to his account on Frihost, it would be a breach of terms.

It is too difficult to verify ownership or rights to distribute songs, and to allow such files to exist on the Frihost servers.

The short answer is no they cannot be hosted on Frihost's servers. The being said you should be able to have those songs hosted on other sites like Youtube and just embed the videos onto a webpage hosted by Frihost.