FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to take wedding pictures on a hot day





Bondings
If it's really hot like the last few weeks, it can be very hard if you have to work in the heat. Luckily there are solutions to this problem. Here is how wedding photographers solve it:

meep
I bet he didn't see that one coming Laughing
I didn't either Razz.
standready
oops! ha,ha! Splash! Is that anyway to baptize a camera?
missdixy
Oh maaan. I woulda been so pissed! I hope the pictures were ok!
airh3ad
oh my god the camera get wet thats to expensive!nice video anyway.
apple
vid is no longer available Sad
Afaceinthematrix
That shows a serious lack in professionalism. Maybe I am being harsh because it was an "accident." Although, if the photographer was properly prepared then that would not have happened and he would not have ruined the bride and grooms' "special day."

My uncle is a wedding photographer and I have been to weddings that he's done (as an assistant and as a wedding guest in the case of family weddings that he has shot). That would absolutely never have happened to him. The reason that that would never have happened to him is that he puts so much work in beforehand that there isn't a step that he hasn't planned. He would have spent hours in that building ahead of time studying the layout - planning where he'll take pictures from, the lighting at different times of the day, etc. He would have practiced walking backwards on that aisle way beforehand so if he was going to fall into the water, he would have fallen into the water a month before the actual wedding when he was there practicing.

That photographer should have known the layout of that building so well that he should have known in exactly how many feet back that pool of water was located. There is no reason that he should not have seen that coming and had he put in enough practice and preparation, that definitely would not have happened... So I would not put in too many recommendations for that photographer...
driftingfe3s
Wow, not only are the wedding photos gone that's thousands of dollars in equipment ruined. Sad sucks to be that photographer.
missdixy
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
The reason that that would never have happened to him is that he puts so much work in beforehand that there isn't a step that he hasn't planned. He would have spent hours in that building ahead of time studying the layout - planning where he'll take pictures from, the lighting at different times of the day, etc. He would have practiced walking backwards on that aisle way beforehand so if he was going to fall into the water, he would have fallen into the water a month before the actual wedding when he was there practicing.


Wow, I had NO idea that photographers put this much effort into a job. Hours studying the layout? Dang.
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
Wow, I had NO idea that photographers put this much effort into a job. Hours studying the layout? Dang.
I'm not a professional photographer, but am interested in birding, and that kind of professional photography takes not only hours but sometimes days to set up, when it gets to owls for example and rare birds. Some of it can also be quite invasive, like using lighting and in places like British Columbia in Canada, there are limits to the equipment that may be intrusive for certain classes of rare birds. I.e. if you think about specialist photos like chicks that have just hatched, or are being fed, to get those perfect shots take plenty of work, and of course is also a hazard to an extent seen from the birds' point of view. Smile
Arty
The video's been removed.

But yeah, us photographers do a lot of work getting the perfect shot. Smile
apple
Arty wrote:
The video's been removed.

But yeah, us photographers do a lot of work getting the perfect shot. Smile


Don't we EVER!
My son recently graduated and I planned and planned the day. What I was wearing, to ensure clothing not get in the way of my shots. I visited the location, worked out the lighting, figured out what equipment I needed and stuff. It was all planned.

Then on the day of the ceremony something happened that I did not plan for...it rained.

Not in my wildest dreams did I bother to check the weather forecast or plan for rain. So everyone crowded into the building, all the windows & doors were shut and I instantly lost my desire to shoot.
To be honest I only took about 15 shots all day that day Sad
goutha
The video was removed...
ProfessorY91
Someone who's seen the vid, be helpful and post an alternate link (if one exists). I'm curious!
Blaster
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Someone who's seen the vid, be helpful and post an alternate link (if one exists). I'm curious!


I'm assuming it was this one

Related topics
Funny Contest
How long can a digital camera battery sustain?
Whats your views on alcohol?
House Renveations, FINISHED!
I talk about her alot...
Rate my pictures
Know Things to Do/See/Enjoy in New York City!?
50 reasons why its great to be a guy
Who wishes they were back in school?
Toilet Rules in Islam
Do You Take Vitamins?
Some pictures i took with my phone
Extreme hiking in the badlands, and a cool discovery.
Two Gay wedding pictures , from Beijing, China
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.