FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Shopping Cart Script

magnezo
If you want to start your own online store, you can use these free script for your store.

1. oscommerce
is a free, open source online shop software. The default installation includes a large number of features that you can easily enable and configure. You can easily install osCommerce on your website with the help of the Fantastico auto-installer.

With osCommerce shopping cart you can add multiple products on your site, organize them in categories, set discounts and special promotions. osCommerce allows you to set your prices in different currencies and accept all popular payment methods: PayPal, credit cards, cheques. osCommerce has a built-in shipping and tax functionalities.

2. Magento
Magento is the latest open source eCommerce platform on the web. It offers professional features, flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of the online shop. With Magento you can establish an e-business with convenient product and catalog browser options, extended customer management, advanced analytics, reporting and marketing promotions tools, and much more. Magento has an intuitive administration interface, it is completely scalable and backed by an extensive support network.

3. Prestashop
Prestashop is a powerful shopping cart solution, which is available for free. It is an open source platform, which means you pay no fee and can modify the tool to suit your needs. There is a growing community of PrestaShop users, who make the shopping cart better every day!

4. Zencart
Zen cart is being developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants who have first-hand experience in e-commerce. Zen Cart is the outcome of their continuous mutual work. It is a free and user-friendly shopping cart, and is distributed as an open source software.

5. Virtuemart
Virtuemart (formerly known as php-Shop) is an independent open-source shopping cart solution. However, it is better known as an e-commerce component for Joomla! CMS.
thedinh
oh, i think these softwares are very good. I'm using Virtuemart for my business, it's really good.
visage
also Ubercart http://www.ubercart.org/

Ubercart is an exciting open source e-commerce shopping cart that fully integrates your online store with Drupal, the leading open source content management system. This is a killer combination for anyone looking to build a community around a product, sell access to premium content, offer paid file downloads, and much much more!
mtorregiani
Great post! I didn't know about Prestashop, it seems to be a great shopping cart script.
I was looking for something like this, thanks a lot!
gairo
magnezo wrote:
If you want to start your own online store, you can use these free script for your store.

1. oscommerce
is a free, open source online shop software. The default installation includes a large number of features that you can easily enable and configure. You can easily install osCommerce on your website with the help of the Fantastico auto-installer.

Hi everybody I'm just registered on frihost so I'm newbie...

Well I tried OsCommerce on Altervista: it's very easy to install and setup but when I finished I got errors after configuration. but. I accessed to demo product catalog on line: the first time it worked the second I got an error and it was not possible to access to it. I attempted to reinstall it but the issue was the same. So I searched for it on the web and I got some responses on OsCommerce forum to solve the problem: so there is the need of some php code sustitution in some php file. I still don't know if implementation of those some new line of php code will solve the issues. But soon I'll try to do it.

I attempted to try Magento too but ALtervista doesn't support it because of the absence on Altervista server of some carateristics whose Magento needs for run.

So actually on altervista there are few e-commerce CMSs that users can install and use with ease. But unfortunately the power of Magento usable in av...
jdelfire
I'm gonna give this a go... I love frihost this is just exactly what I am looking for ^_^
johans
I used open cart.

any idea what is the best eCommerce software?

I used open cart and i did not try other software. Idea
lara12345
I have used IGecommerce and it worked great. They allow a one time payment system which makes it even more better. Prestashop also works good.
eseomo
thedinh wrote:
oh, i think these softwares are very good. I'm using Virtuemart for my business, it's really good.

opencart is good but which is best for integrating with a payment system that actually works??