FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

INCEPTION

rogue_skydragon
Christopher Nolan has proven to be among the film industry's most creative forces to be reckoned with. His flair for fractured narrative and character duality has become a staple in what fans and average filmgoers have come to love about his films, and with his latest "Inception," those same staples are explored, only on a more intense level. Just check out the trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XzUYd6nrU

Anyone else excited for this film? Share your thoughts on this and Nolan's other films!
camperkid
YES! I'm absolutely dying to see this film, and in fact I already made a discussion thread for it on the forum.
silverdown
look like a good one.... ill look forward to it.
camperkid
wow check out this review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwDh0r5ffHs&feature=sub

Crazy!!
toasterintheoven
I'll probably rent it when it comes out, looks interesting, sort of reminds me of the movie dreamscape
menino
Christopher olan also directed, and produced Dark Knight, among many other great films.

I had heard about inception, and it seems to be amazing.

Cant wait to watch it.
Pagent003
This is an amazing movie, the movie is filled with twists and turns. Leanardo did a great job as being the main character.
andysart380
looks awesome definitely adding that to the list
r4inm4ker
i heard it's a very good film, story and VFX wise, and plan to watch it either this weekend or next. Hope it doesn't disappoint!
recked
A very confusing and VERY VERY VERY interesting film. If any of you watched SHUTTER ISLAND, then you know what you're getting yourself into. Leonardo films are awesome, that's all I ahve to say!
gverutes
How would you all compare it to Avatar? Better or worse. I haven't seen it yet.
rogue_skydragon
IMO, you cannot compare Avatar and Inception. They are to completely different stories and are both good films in their own right. That being said, I was able to watch Inception last Monday and boy, it's definitely one of those films that tickles your brain. The concept of dreams is touched on so well that it made me think of how our own dreams work...and the story is so layered and well-performed that anyone would agree that this is undoubtedly a contender for next year's Academy Awards. The film looks absolutely stunning thanks to cinematographer Wally Pfister, ASC. His collaboration with Nolan on this film and on Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige, and Memento solidify the duo as the industry's finest. Pfister and Nolan are beasts, to say the least.
guissmo
I was lucky I was with good friends when I watched this film. We often had discussions on what was happening and occasionally arguing which parts real and fake. We'd sometimes comment on how cool the special effects were (especially on level 2).

Some even calculated if the conversion factors were consistent. Haha.
rayxzero
Looks like this movie is interesting, good review make me want to see this movie.
clydejaw
Apparently this is one of the most-watched non-vampire movie this year. Great to see Leonardo D'caprio making good films again Smile I didn't think Avatar was that great other than its 3D experience and the CG. In fact that movies quite overrated and required less thinking.

From the reviews and the word-of-mouth this movie sounds like something I'd want to go see Very Happy
snowboardalliance
It was a really cool movie. The plot was complex enough, I wasn't really confused but I was glad it was just some dumbed-down action movie.

Of course everyone is like "OMG best movie, mind blowing!" and I felt that it was a little over-hyped in that respect.

But well worth seeing
gandalfthegrey
I'm glad I went to see Inception. Brilliant movie! This is going to be the next Matrix. A sequel will definitely be made. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt's scene in the hotel hallway.
_AVG_
Excellent. One of THE BEST movies I've ever seen. It has a rather pessimistic message though - "that reality and dreams are one" - or at least that's my opinion. Razz

Oh - and one more thing, Leonardo di Caprio has shown why he's one of the best. And as far as Christopher Nolan is concerned, he just outdoes himself with every movie ... Exclamation
gverutes
Great movie! I happened to miss a big rain/wind storm the whole 2 hours and thirty minutes I was in the theatre. Also, I loved how it ended and that we didn't get to see if the dradle stopped.
toasterintheoven
you guys should watch dreamscape, I think this movie's a little offensive, I don't know, I need to watch it first, if it doesn't tackle anything political like dreamscape did, I think this movie would be a bit of a miss, unless it's really entertaining... like eraserhead or something, which I doubt.
soljarag
i loved this movie... it was like nothing i have ever seen before..... I'll checkout dreamscape though..
mexiwithacan
I just watched the movie, and I think I'll have to watch it again to make sure that my opinions are sound. But, my initial thoughts are...
  • There are too many holes in the plot to sit well with a logic-driven engineer like myself.[/*]
  • The movie was too short and left too many questions about the theories behind the plots.[/*]
  • Inception was interesting and fun to watch, but it was not a great movie. I do think it would make a great essay topic for film studies, though.[/*]

I also wish the movie would have proposed what a "dream" actually is. _AVG_'s takeaway from the movie seemed to be that reality and dreams are one, but what does that mean, exactly?

I've come across a few ideas on what dreams are:
  • Dreams are a side-effect of our brains reorganizing the information stored in our neural networks.[/*]
  • Dreams are our brains connecting with the underlying universe and looking through windows into alternate spacetime coordinates.[/*]

I can't wait to go to sleep tonight and see what comes up in my dream tonight.
_AVG_
OKAY *SPOILER ALERT*

mexiwithacan wrote:
uld have proposed what a "dream" actually is. _AVG_'s takeaway from the movie seemed to be that reality and dreams are one, but what does that mean, exactly?

Well, there are so many possibilities ... firstly, the fact that the totem doesn't fall before the end credits could be an indication of the fact that Cobb (Leonardo) is trapped in the deepest level of his subconscious (also consider that his children are somehow wearing the same clothes!)
Also, what about the basement under the pharmacy where a lot of people are dreaming under sedation ("dreams have become their reality"). Remember, Leonardo is given a taste of this sedation after which he somehow immediately springs up (he spins the totem but it isn't shown falling properly)
In addition, consider how the movie starts off (in limbo - on the beach ... no proper transition is shown from this to Saito's dream).
And finally, if in your dreams you can do anything, why can't you stop the totem from spinning?
toasterintheoven
we live in a world where we shouldn't question objectivity/subjectivity just so we can get on with our daily lives, such an argument would even more difficult when referring to dreams, movies have a tendency to objectify a timeline of events, which is why movies like this will please some mind-opened audiences, but close on a certain awareness for others.
That being said, I hope a movie this big won't ever be taken too seriously, like such a thing is possible, let alone morally sound. Nolan's Memento was a great movie though.
Navigator
I saw it last week and I must say it was a breath of fresh air.
rogue_skydragon
It really is a complicated film, and I do not doubt that it has a lot of plot holes. But then again, since when has a movie ever NOT had a few plot holes? Take Inception for what it is...a movie. It's a work of art that entertains, but at the same time leaves your brain doing some work, as opposed to being numbed and fed.

I really do not think a sequel to this movie would be a good idea. Inception is a film that can truly stand on its own.
phantombr
I have not seen Inception. But yes I see, is that I want to watch in Imax. It is the first film that has no 3D and Imax will pass on in my city. (Iron Man 2 and Eclipse also had versions only imax 3d but no copies have come to Brazil).
I love movies that are not chewed to the viewer, so I will not stop watching this, because the way is the kind of movie that makes you think.
Abhishukla
this movie was awesome.. i like this move a lot
rayxzero
Movie is good with matching scifi action.
Insanity
Very good movie, the ending was kind of weird though and left you rather uncertain.
rogue_skydragon
The uncertainty of at the end of Inception is one of the many elements which add to the great story structure of Inception! I hate to sound like a cheerleader for this movie, but it really is a great achievement in cinematic history. I can't wait for the DVD/Blu-ray.
inuyasha
That's an excellent movie. According to the last scene, I suppose the whole story is just a dream of Cobb's. So his wife hasn't been dead but just woke up in reality... or just another dream...
metalfreek
Inception was a really good movie to watch. A bit complicated at first but once you go to the middle, everything comes to place. This is a great movie. Highly recommended.
TurtleShell
I thought it was so complicated it was inelegant. It did present cause to think a lot, but I just didn't really get that into it. The visuals were great, but that's not the best basis for a movie.
snowboardalliance
rogue_skydragon wrote:
The uncertainty of at the end of Inception is one of the many elements which add to the great story structure of Inception! I hate to sound like a cheerleader for this movie, but it really is a great achievement in cinematic history. I can't wait for the DVD/Blu-ray.

Yes, the end was really important. I'm sick of straightforward endings.
dapopeyoh
This is a very good movie. I haven't seen a movie of this quality in a very long time. Christopher Nolan is a very good director. He has proven to be one of the best.
cybersa
I loved this movie very much than other.
Great Story.
No bore during watching movie.
Hats off for the director.
Great thinking.
Radar
Good movie, I'm not sure how much I would watch it though. It felt like the first half and the second half were slightly too distinct. They had to teach the audience how dreams worked for them to understand them. I can see the continuity, it just didn't feel fluid at the time.
JonathanCharles
I Watched it a day earlier,
Really an awesome movie.I ill watch it again with my friend Austin,Smith and Barbara.
barbera123
clydejaw wrote:
Apparently this is one of the most-watched non-vampire movie this year. Great to see Leonardo D'caprio making good films again Smile I didn't think Avatar was that great other than its 3D experience and the CG. In fact that movies quite overrated and required less thinking.

From the reviews and the word-of-mouth this movie sounds like something I'd want to go see Very Happy

it is indeed a good movie dear you must go for it....