FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many pets is too many?

How many pets do you have?
0-3
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
4-6
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

socceraggie
Just a general question for the masses: How many pets do you have and how many is too many?

My wife is a veterinarian and we have 3 cats and 2 horses. The horses are a bit much in general and I don't think we will get more or new ones once these 2 leave us. The cats are great but 3 is one too many for my house. My wife recently found a stay cat at the barn and brought it home. Fortunately she had a client that was willing to take the cat on otherwise my pet count would have increased by 1. After a week with its new home, the couple went out of town and asked my wife and I to housesit the kitten. He is a wonderful cat and my wife has grown very attached to him; however, he is still going back to his new home (thankfully)! He has been living in our half bath with limited interaction with our other pets. I'd like my bathroom back now.
ocalhoun
Solution: outside cats.

Had outdoor cats for years when growing up, and they did fine. They won't wander away as long as you feed them.

I'm sure it gets cold sometimes, so they would need a shelter, a small lean-to next to the house would work, especially if they are long-hair cats.
If they're short-hair cats and your house is very well insulated, you might need to install a cat door, and let them come and go into one room of the house.
socceraggie
Yeah my wife would probably not like that very much. She really enjoys the cats being in and around our house and our are very social. They hang out with us while we watch TV and follow us around the house while we do chores and such.