FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird WordPress Caching Issue?

jmi256
Im having a weird issue with my WP blog and wanted to see if anyone else has seen similar issues and how they may have fixed it. Basically when I visit one of the sites I maintain, it appears that a widget I previously removed is there (a text box). So I logged in to remove the widget again, but the widget wasnt displayed in the admin area. So I actually recreated the widget, saved it and then deleted it. And when I returned to the site, it was gone. But when I returned to the site later, the widget appeared again, and again it wasnt in the admin area when I logged in. So I recreated it, saved and deleted, and it seemed to work for a few hours. Naturally I got tired of doing this so I went in and reordered my widgets thinking that would somehow force the reappearing widget to disappear for good. But when I come back to the site the widget is still there and the old widget order is showing up. The kicker is now the widget will disappear if I simply log in to the admin area and then return to the site (I dont recreate or delete the widget). Is this some weird caching issue? Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
Bondings
Could there be an issue with the widget in question (like badly configured by the authors)? At first I thought your request didn't get saved in the database or filesystem causing the problem, but considering it was gone for a while, this rather looks like a bug. Although I must say that I don't have any experience with WP, other than looking at a few of the files/structure, so I could be completely wrong.
jmi256
Bondings wrote:
Could there be an issue with the widget in question (like badly configured by the authors)? At first I thought your request didn't get saved in the database or filesystem causing the problem, but considering it was gone for a while, this rather looks like a bug. Although I must say that I don't have any experience with WP, other than looking at a few of the files/structure, so I could be completely wrong.

It appears to be an issue with the WP Super Cache plugin. I deactivated the plugin and it seems to have 'fixed' it for now. Ironically, deleting the plugin created a host of issues, so for now I just have it sitting there deactivated.