FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to change your website name.

Shadowninja7194
mmk, this is for everyone who dont know how to change their website name.

so here's the question some people are afraid to ask...How do we request a change for out website name?

*Dramatic music*
Bikerman
That depends what you mean by 'name'.
If you mean a different domain then you must first buy it (eg www.this.is.my.domain).
If you mean the title displayed on the homepage - that depends on how the site is built - the answer will be different depending on whether you have used a CMS (eg Joomla) or simply coded html...
If it is normal html then just stick a <title>THIS IS MY PAGE</title> in the head section of the document.
standready
What, no answer? So you are asking? Question
meep
Bikerman wrote:
If you mean a different domain then you must first buy it (eg www.this.is.my.domain).
If you mean the title displayed on the homepage - that depends on how the site is built - the answer will be different depending on whether you have used a CMS (eg Joomla) or simply coded html...
If it is normal html then just stick a <title>THIS IS MY PAGE</title> in the head section of the document.

I think he means a subdomain change Smile.
Bikerman
meep wrote:
Bikerman wrote:

I think he means a subdomain change Smile.

Yes, I suspect so, but I wasn't going to give detailed instructions and then find out otherwise Smile
Vrythramax
You cannot change the sub-domain name you registered (at Frihost) with. You can add as many domains to your existing account as you wish...as long as you don't exceed your storage allotment.
Shadowninja7194
Sub domain yes sorry haha.

Thx for the answers Wink
saratdear
Vrythramax wrote:
You cannot change the sub-domain name you registered (at Frihost) with. You can add as many domains to your existing account as you wish...as long as you don't exceed your storage allotment.

You can't? But I have a link in my account page saying "Request a subdomain change".... (In fact I changed my subdomain a long time ago..like 3 years)
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
You can't? But I have a link in my account page saying "Request a subdomain change".... (In fact I changed my subdomain a long time ago..like 3 years)
Would that be a subdomain of your subdomain of Frihost perhaps? As logically I would also have thought that one can't change the original subdomain name that Frihost blessed you with when you first started.
Fappiness
You can't change it, from what I know.
ledttys2
thanks for the post..^_^
Arty
deanhills wrote:
saratdear wrote:
Would that be a subdomain of your subdomain of Frihost perhaps? As logically I would also have thought that one can't change the original subdomain name that Frihost blessed you with when you first started.

No, the link is on this forum, not our cPanel.

For all I know, yes, you can request a subdomain change. Just click the link that says "You have 0 AWITs" and click "Request Subdomain change." I don't know if this still works anymore.
deanhills
Arty wrote:
deanhills wrote:
saratdear wrote:

No, the link is on this forum, not our cPanel.

For all I know, yes, you can request a subdomain change. Just click the link that says "You have 0 AWITs" and click "Request Subdomain change." I don't know if this still works anymore.
Thanks for the tip Arty. Not sure I need a change immediately, but when I do, I will refer back to this tip. Smile