FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Going to get married!

blog_inforama
This happened last Tuesday. it was raining in bangkok and me and my girlfriend were driving down to our new Apartment. The radio was turned on loud and the traffic was crazy. my car which could tear roads apart was snailing through a sea of red tail lights as we sat there in frustration. She was talking to her mother in India and she was keeping her busy as i looked out at the GPS trying to figure out the quickest route home. After a while the roads opened, and my Camry, which was snailing through the traffic, like a beasts unleashed tore through the wet roads and came to a screeching halt below our apartment. I carefully parked the car and checked the garage before locking it for the night.
We walked in silence as the elevator bells tingled. No one spoke as we made our way into the place. She reached for the fridge to arrange for dinner. To her surprise the food was gone. only uncooked meat and vegetables stared back at her. Slamming the door in despair she turned towards and inquired "Where is all the food gone". By now i had already lit the candles to our dinner table at the balcony which looked upon a huge stretch of glowing land in many colors. I pulled a chair for her to sit. The silverware shimmered in the dim candle light. A heart shaped cake which claimed "Happy Anniversary" lay on the table waiting for it's turn. As i held her the knife she cut trough the cake she felt the blade rub against another something in the cake. she pulled the knife out trying to inspect the piece as she looked at it in a doubt. she reached for it and found a ring.
I was kneeling at her feet and hopelessly in love with the deity of love, asked her for her company for the rest of my like and asked her if she would marry me. She with a tear in her eye and her hands covering her fragile lips shook her head. She loved me more than ever she said. I guess i am lucky i am getting married. Have waited for years but today it's true.
__________________________________________________________________________________
catch up with me on twitter http://twitter.com/snehanjan
Da Rossa
Man

I've never seen you in my life, but...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Very nice step-by-step story by the way!

May you guys be very, very happy. God bless your family!!
airh3ad
Ah, marriage. I was never going to get married, for all the reason you list. And then I did get married. And it turns out I enjoy it. I’m not sure if it’s one of my few major capitulations to society’s expectations of me, or if my future wife and I are part of a movement to redefine marriage from the inside. Some say that the institution is so broken, it can’t be fixed. But when we take the pieces we like, and reject those we don’t (e.g. strict gender role expectations), can we make progress?
This is chance to show the world that you can build a new family and be proud of it congratulations.
app893
congratulations,postmate here.wish you good luck.
Da Rossa
Keep us updated inforama!!
smit_alumni
Wish the both of you a very happy married life. Lucky girl! if i may say so.
blog_inforama
Da Rossa wrote:
Keep us updated inforama!!
well it is in november. the both of us are Harry Potter fans so we have decided to get married on day it releases. I guess it is a little juvinile, but what do you expect from a couple only young at heart. guess we can remember this when we are 80(only if we live that long) and laugh out hearts out with teethless smiles.
apple
I have always been a weakling for a good love story.

blog_inforama, excellent read.
I love the way you shared the details with us. During the reading I could see it as clear in my mind as tho I was standing there looking on. You've got a bit of writing skills. I encourage you to make good use of it.

I wish you and your lady a long life, filled with complete happiness and riches.

Harry Potter huh? Well thats different for sure Smile
are you all going to do a 'potter themed' wedding? will the guests be getting little 'witches brooms' with the name and date inscription?
I am having soooooooo many ideas on how to make a Potter themed wedding.
Before I get more carried away and embarrass myself. Congratulations again.

As Da Rossa said, please do keep us informed.
LittleBlackKitten
Congratulations! Being married for almost a year myself, here's the BEST advice I could give ANY married couple:

-That warm and fuzzy feeling goes away after a while. I'm not implying you won't love eachother, but it takes on a new meaning. Just ride it out until the tide settles again.
-Communicate. EVERYTHING. Even if you're just a little irritated, talk about it. Get her to talk, too. Even if it seems silly, get used to talking to eachother about every little thought that goes through your head no matter what, even on the BIG stuff. Never keep thoughts emotions feelings doubts annoyances ect to yourself, because otherwise, you'll wind up in many annoyed and angry arguments.
-Compromise on all fronts. Learn to meet her halfway, and be okay with 50% on the things you two seem to differ on. If only one of both of you get what they want, the other will be sad, hurt, upset, angry, ect, and it's not really worth it. Common arugments spring up over where to live, what kind of home to live in, pets, kids; things that should have been sorted out and compromised over. Let's say you want a cat, she wants a dog. Obviously, if one gets their way, the other will be upset and resentful about it. A compromise here would be allowing a smaller breed of dog and getting a cat, so you can afford both. Houses; lets say she wants a condo, you want a log house and property. A good compromise would be a house near town with a large back yard. I cant stress these things enough!
-Treats. You gotta treat her, and you gotta treat yourself. If you don't, there won't be a lot of that "special" feeling. If you don't treat her now and again, you'll get by ok, but she won't feel "wowed".

Congrats and good luck! Smile
blog_inforama
As you must have read, we were in a live in relationship for 2yrs already. We already were into eachother for quite sometime. so, we thought why not nake it official. so i dont think that should be much of a problem. anyways thanks for the advice.
apple
is it gonna be a big wedding?
blog_inforama
Well i am not sure abt that! everyone wants a huge wedding but our financials are a little tight so will have to look into our options. her mother is in india and her dad passed away one and a half year ago. she has a brother in college who is aspiring to an engineer some day. we are supporting her mother and brother while trying to figure our own lives out here. though we have our jobs from nine to five, we could really use some extra cash. so i thought blogging could help a little. if any of you are intrested in the wedding pics i'll post them online. And if any of you can offer me a job for writing on your website that would really be appreciated.
LittleBlackKitten
Hey we pulled a wedding together on 600 bucks and unemployment insurance. If WE can do it YOU can do it!
zbale
Yey! Congratulations! And great story!
apple
blog_inforama wrote:
Well i am not sure abt that! everyone wants a huge wedding but our financials are a little tight so will have to look into our options. her mother is in india and her dad passed away one and a half year ago. she has a brother in college who is aspiring to an engineer some day. we are supporting her mother and brother while trying to figure our own lives out here. though we have our jobs from nine to five, we could really use some extra cash. so i thought blogging could help a little. if any of you are intrested in the wedding pics i'll post them online. And if any of you can offer me a job for writing on your website that would really be appreciated.

Wish I had a job to offer you, I myself am currently working 3 jobs.
Well you can always just do the legal bit (sign up at the registry) and have a small gathering with friends/family after.
zbale
blog_inforama wrote:

I don't know how much money one can expect to make from the Internet these days (I think estimates are pretty low). If you're looking for a job that can fit nicely extra hours, maybe some translation can do.

In any case, it's true that the expectations of people around (friends, family, etc.) can matter when it comes to the size of the wedding, but if you both know what you are doing and why you are doing it, I think there is nothing wrong with a small scale, more personal wedding (that's my personal preference anyway, regardless of money questions).

Good luck! Keep us posted.
menino
Hey Inforama,

Congratulations to you and your wife.
All the best wishes and God's blessings to you'll and your future, and don't worry...... as the Beatles said it "All you need is love!"

Cheers!!
andysart380
Congratulations mate! Couldn't do it a better way myself, make her happy man.
blog_inforama
This is to all my post buddies. You all have , perhaps never seem me and my wife but you have given us so much love that the both us are really moved. Thanks again and i'll keep you posted about all of the events that are to follow.
blog_inforama
i just noticed that there is another topic in the same forum which says "Dont ever get married " and there was this topic called "Going to get married" Funny isn't it!! LoL...
Greatking
COOL and congratulations. I wish you all the best ahead of your marriage.

Nice move with the ring.!!!
zbale
blog_inforama wrote:
i just noticed that there is another topic in the same forum which says "Dont ever get married " and there was this topic called "Going to get married" Funny isn't it!! LoL...

Yep! There's nothing more varied than human experience it seems. Good luck and congratulations!
blog_inforama
Greatking wrote:
COOL and congratulations. I wish you all the best ahead of your marriage.

Nice move with the ring.!!!

thanks well that was something that she has always wanted. So if i had to get a yes this was the only possible method!
blog_inforama
zbale wrote:
blog_inforama wrote:

Yep! There's nothing more varied than human experience it seems. Good luck and congratulations!

thanks and so true there could not have been a better example of the human psyche.
dhani
I don't think I will get married...som people get married, other won't. I don't believe in promising another human being to live with him or her for the rest of your life. You never know that, and you can't promise such a thing. I think it is perfectly fine to live and to love someone without getting married.
There are so many expectations that comes with marriage...people expect you to buy a nice house, a nice car...you should have at least one baby....two of them is even better. I wanna share, friendship, love and intimacy with more than one person, be free and care of all people I love.

Anyway...congratulations to you, I suppose marrige is for you and I hope you will be happy together the rest of your life Smile
zbale
dhani wrote:
I don't think I will get married...som people get married, other won't. I don't believe in promising another human being to live with him or her for the rest of your life. You never know that, and you can't promise such a thing. I think it is perfectly fine to live and to love someone without getting married.
There are so many expectations that comes with marriage...people expect you to buy a nice house, a nice car...you should have at least one baby....two of them is even better. I wanna share, friendship, love and intimacy with more than one person, be free and care of all people I love.

Anyway...congratulations to you, I suppose marrige is for you and I hope you will be happy together the rest of your life :)

I've heard a number of people (including my ex-wife) say "you never know that" like you do. The point is it's not about "knowing", it's about deciding. If you think people who get married believe it's about knowing whether you'll want to stay married to the person all your life, then it's a mistake. There will always be some time or other when you will not feel right, because you cannot live so close to somebody who is, eventually, different from you, without there being some difficulties sometimes. But if you make it a decision that this is the person you will want to stay with all your life, and you remember that decision even in difficult times, then you get a chance to have a much deeper relationship with that person over time than if you say "as long as it's all smooth, fine, but when it get tough, let's rethink it".

That said, this is my opinion and I have no problem with the fact that other people think different, but I just wanted to tell you that people who want to get married usually don't think it's about "knowing" that you'll want to stay with that person your whole life. That's actually why you "promise" (there would be no point in promising to stick with the other if we knew we were gonna stay with them anyway, would there?). That's actually part of what marriage is about as opposed to just living together: it's the idea that love is not always enough, and that in order to live and grow on a long-term basis it needs the help of other values and (depending how you see marriage) of religion.
ankitdatashn
It took me some time to make out whether it was frihost or I was reading some novel!!, hehe... Anyways if it's real then my heary congratulations! Wink
macky
congratulations! it was really a romantic and memorable one... God bless to both of you guys...
mimiyu
Make wedding day extra special with designs that is perfect for 40th anniversary invitation. Mark Art Printing also accept customized designs. Check out their invitation designs from simple to elegant ones.
zbale
mimiyu wrote:
Make wedding day extra special with designs that is perfect for [keywords linking to url]. [Store's name] also accept customized designs. Check out their invitation designs from simple to elegant ones.

I suppose you're not affiliated with this seller, right? Laughing
SterkenJohny
And now, time to get children ?
syj824
congratulations,wish you good luck.
bukaida
There is an old proverb in India-- Marriage is something, which -You will regret if you do not and also You will regret if you do. So better marry and regret. Very Happy
Mechallama
Congratulations!
I wish you all the happiness in the world!
Sounds like you two were made for eachother, haha.
friho
congratulations and wish you happy ! enjoy your life every day.