FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DirectAdmin = Installaron??

molumania
Please correct me if I am wrong but after making my quick research I was initially presuming that every Hosting Company with DirectAdmin has installaron - Is that True? I am not too sure anymore becasue I saw that some have CPanel and Installatron Confused
Hogwarts
No, it is false. "installaron" is merely a third-party cPanel/DA add-on. It also costs money for the hosting provider to install.

Frihost doesn't have any form of "installaron" or fantastico installed, because people would too-often install things just to see what they were like and leave them there -- consuming unnecessary HDD space (although also because I imagine Bondings likes using that as justification for not wanting to pay an extra $15 or whatever per server)
k_s_baskar
Hogwarts wrote:
No, it is false. "installaron" is merely a third-party cPanel/DA add-on. It also costs money for the hosting provider to install.

Frihost doesn't have any form of "installaron" or fantastico installed, because people would too-often install things just to see what they were like and leave them there -- consuming unnecessary HDD space (although also because I imagine Bondings likes using that as justification for not wanting to pay an extra $15 or whatever per server)

spending few $'s for installaron /fantastico is not going to be a big issue for frihost. But the problem is frequent installation of unwanted scripts will kill CPU resources which will affect all the sites hosted in frihost. (Think some auto installer like softaculous (lite) avail even for free)

Smile