FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me with my timer in laptop.

cikguyap
hello.

I have a problem n my laptop several months ago.
one day, one of my programme(antivirus) pop up and tell me that my windows' date setting gone wrong. and when i do checking, i found out that the time just stop in one specific hour.

for example, i set the time to 1.00am, and when the time reach 1.59:59am, it'll then go back to 1.00am. The day "rewind" again? what's wrong?

I'd try formatting my Windows XP sp2, but problem still the same. So, before i send it to the service center, I hope that someone would help me to solve the problem. thanks for reading anyway.
CCR
Yeah this is odd to say the least I would most defently send it back if its under warrenty. If you reinstalled OS and its still doing it then it has to be in the hardware somewhere. I would say prob Bios or somewhere but if its wantary work let them fix it.
gonzo
have you installed any software to circumvent trial software timers?
Deji
sounds very weird, probably best to send that back...

Confused
TheGeek
Its most likely a corruption or error in the BIOS settings. If you dont know alot about messing with the BIOS then i wouldnt mess with it and just send it in under warrenty if it still is under it. Otherwise, try to find a friend that could do it, or you could attempt it yourself, just remember what you changed so you can change it back. Also check to see if your motherboard supports CMOS reseting. If it does, that would be the easiest way to get it to be fixed if its a BIOS problem. It will just reset the CMOS chip to the default factory settings. Worse that happens in that case is that you have to re-set it up to find your devices. But thats not to hard and most modern BIOS's have an auto detect function to make that easier.
carlokes
TheGeek wrote:
Its most likely a corruption or error in the BIOS settings. If you dont know alot about messing with the BIOS then i wouldnt mess with it and just send it in under warrenty if it still is under it. Otherwise, try to find a friend that could do it, or you could attempt it yourself, just remember what you changed so you can change it back. Also check to see if your motherboard supports CMOS reseting. If it does, that would be the easiest way to get it to be fixed if its a BIOS problem. It will just reset the CMOS chip to the default factory settings. Worse that happens in that case is that you have to re-set it up to find your devices. But thats not to hard and most modern BIOS's have an auto detect function to make that easier.

I have to agree 100% just be careful because some warranties state that you can't open your laptop and to do a CMOS reset I think will need to open it...
Aelita
uh look inside your comp and find that little battery.. take it our go to taregt and get a new one..That actually should be the problem. not your bios not your motherboard not your os, just your little cromium battery...GODD LUCK. And if thats not your problem then you got a REAL BIG PROBLEM!
cikguyap
Thanks for the info. The problem actually happened when i was swtching the power mode from battery to cable power supply.

So, about the bios thing. How to reset the bios setting for my laptop since it got no floppy? i already download the bios programme and just don't know how to start.
orno
i wouldnt suggest playing around with your BIOS (flashing it etc) coz in most cases it voids the warranty...easiest would be to just send it in (although that can be a pain too)
sibbahz
the only thing i can think of the battery on the motherboard ( not the main laptop battery) is faulty, or the bios needs a flashing update.
TheGeek
all he should have to do is replace the battery and reset the BIOS clock. Try just adjusting your BIOS hardware clock first though. when your booting up, its either F1 or F8 (might be something else, sometimes F8 is safemode), but push it when its just starting to boot up, you can just keep pushing it until a screen comes up that looks very simple and sorta windows 3.0 ish and look in there for a time and date setting, you should be able to adjust the time without even touching the inside of your comp. If that doesnt work or you screw up just re-move the battery and either replace it or just put it back in and it will reset it to default.