FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CodeIgniter! (The best PHP Framework)

ralcantara
CodeIgniter (http://codeigniter.com/) is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. If you're a developer who lives in the real world of shared hosting accounts and clients with deadlines, and if you're tired of ponderously large and thoroughly undocumented frameworks.
Nemesis234
you have just copy pasted that paragraph from the codeigniter website, and so you should have quoted it.

also you state no reason why to use codeigniter or any reason why you believe it to be the best.

what was your thinking behind posting this useless information?

i personally dont understand the need for frameworks, if you cant code your own php, learn it first before making anything. there is much more freedom coding everything yourself than having to rely on a framework.
Jean-Clod
Nemesis234 wrote:
i personally dont understand the need for frameworks, if you cant code your own php, learn it first before making anything. there is much more freedom coding everything yourself than having to rely on a framework.

why reinvent the wheel? some really useful functions/classes are already coded/optimized in frameworks! I don't know.. for instance parsing xml
snowboardalliance
Jean-Clod wrote:
Nemesis234 wrote:

why reinvent the wheel? some really useful functions/classes are already coded/optimized in frameworks! I don't know.. for instance parsing xml

Maybe you WANT to code everything for fun, but you'll soon realize the benefit of using a well-designed and tested framework. I used to think I wanted to write php from scratch, then I realized it would take forever to do it right and I should instead focus on just the application.

If you really want to write everything, maybe you should write your own framework/library.
Jean-Clod
snowboardalliance wrote:
I used to think I wanted to write php from scratch, then I realized it would take forever to do it right and I should instead focus on just the application.

Exactly.
ralcantara
Jean-Clod wrote:
Nemesis234 wrote:

The framework have a lot of tools and function ready do use with:

- Databases
- XML
- Parsing
- CRUD
- File Manager
- Templates

Also help you to separate the code in a organized MVC form.

Is very good to work in group, becouse ther is a Design Partner to code, so the application developed in CodeIgniter can be easy whatever programmer.