FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One Piece

inuyasha
I found there are Naruto and other anime in the forum, but One Piece has never been mentioned, though it has a history 12 years Very Happy
One Piece is a treasure which the Pirate King, Rogger hid in Grandline. Many people become pirates and aim at One Piece, among them is a boy named Luphy. He started his adventure and made 7 close friends.
Ahh, more detailed information can be found on the Internet. No need to type more Very Happy

I was really moved by their childhood stories. For a certain reason, they set up their own goals and never give up. Despite the moving story, I'm moved because of their unforgettable dreams. As with many people, childhood dream is always changed with the increase of their age, so it is with me. Sometimes the childhood dream may sounds childish, yet Luphy and his 7 friends are proud of it and spare no effort to realize it. Wink I really hoped that I could still be an astronomer, while now I've decided to be a doctor.
PureReborn
o.0 Cant believe One piece hasnt been mentioned but lately Naruto and bleach has been getting more popular.

I'm keeping up with the manga. havent watched any of the anime except for the movies though.

Have to agree that this is so much more epic that Naruto or Bleach.
amperx
yeah how come there is no sticky for a one piece thread??

one piece by far is more epic than naruto and bleach imo, very nice story, and all characters are insteresting, even the villians! Very Happy they all have signatures
rayxzero
One Piece still have the best story for a pirate base anime and full of action.
jigoku05
I like One Piece more than Naruto and Bleach. Coz it's funny and Oda kept it fresh and interesting upto this point without resorting to being dragon ball-esque.
inuyasha
Having watched the several episodes about Robin's Childhood, I wonder if the author were indicating that Japanese government are trying to erase some parts of history, for example, the war against China.
I remember I've ever mentioned the war which broke out 60 years ago, one of my Japanese friend has never replied my emails since then.
dude_xyx
I haven't read or watched it yet. I'm already addicted to Bleach Anime and Naruto Manga. So another one means more time spending on watching or reading.

Anyway I think Japan want to forget about the whole history of war and distraction.
mrwanted
Looking for a post about One piece!

Like I said in another post, one piece has got to be the best anime ever created. It gets compared with Dragon Ball and animes like that!!

Even tough it has over 400 episodes, I can assure you that you won't regret it!
inuyasha
The day before yesterday, an NHK program tried to explain why One Piece is so popular among Japanese and even the globe. That is spiritual resonance.
Nowadays, fierce competition makes many of us lose our initial dreams. We are always forced to be more realistic. Yet Luffy never hesitates to tell everyone that he wants to be King of Pirates, that they wanted to go to Island Air, and that he wants One Piece, out loud.
On the other hand, in today's society, we are taught to be tactful. Sometimes we shouldn't tell the truth. Eventually, it's harder to make close friends or establish a stable relationship. While as with Luffy and his friends, they unconditionally believe in each other. That's what we all desire for.
In addition, some plots in One Piece reflect the reality. What the World Government does is exactly what the governments are doing now.

Ah, I hadn't looked into One Piece that deep before I watched the program.
bearzk
I love one piece! but i'm watching it with chinese subtitles..
drunkenkoz
One piece is a great anime that I watched a lot as a kid. I was surprised to recently see that the anime is still ongoing like Naruto, Bleach, and Gitama.
rayxzero
One Piece Story getting better and better every season. I think this is more interesting than bleach and naruto.
drunkenkoz
rayxzero wrote:
One Piece Story getting better and better every season. I think this is more interesting than bleach and naruto.

This is indeed true. One Piece is a unique anime that you don't see that often. The whole base concept of the anime was awesome, but I got bored of watching it after 400 episodes. I'm waiting a new anime like Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, and Bleach to be released.
Cheeldash
I like One Piece too. The story is fantastic and i find it more intriguing because every character has different objectives and there is also a lot of mistery.
inuyasha
Cheeldash wrote:
I like One Piece too. The story is fantastic and i find it more intriguing because every character has different objectives and there is also a lot of mistery.

Glad to know another OP fan Very Happy And the nine who has different objectives live together, fight together and help each other. Smile The unbreakable relationships between them impress me most.
drunkenkoz
inuyasha wrote:
Cheeldash wrote:

Glad to know another OP fan Very Happy And the nine who has different objectives live together, fight together and help each other. Smile The unbreakable relationships between them impress me most.
Except for Nami always betraying them every once in a while due to her greed for gold.
ato784
inuyasha wrote:
I found there are Naruto and other anime in the forum, but One Piece has never been mentioned, though it has a history 12 years Very Happy
One Piece is a treasure which the Pirate King, Rogger hid in Grandline. Many people become pirates and aim at One Piece, among them is a boy named Luphy. He started his adventure and made 7 close friends.
Ahh, more detailed information can be found on the Internet. No need to type more Very Happy

I was really moved by their childhood stories. For a certain reason, they set up their own goals and never give up. Despite the moving story, I'm moved because of their unforgettable dreams. As with many people, childhood dream is always changed with the increase of their age, so it is with me. Sometimes the childhood dream may sounds childish, yet Luphy and his 7 friends are proud of it and spare no effort to realize it. Wink I really hoped that I could still be an astronomer, while now I've decided to be a doctor.

lol. i forgot about One Piece, apparently so did everyone else. the season that they switched the english dub cast is the point where i decided to not watch it any more, needless to say that was a long time ago.
inuyasha
drunkenkoz wrote:
Except for Nami always betraying them every once in a while due to her greed for gold.

Did she? I don't really remember whether she did for so many times. But she kind of betrayed them because she had to save her village.
drunkenkoz
inuyasha wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Did she? I don't really remember whether she did for so many times. But she kind of betrayed them because she had to save her village.

In the beginning Nami tried to steal the treasure from them ever so often, up until Luffy saved her.
codersfriend
inuyasha wrote:
Having watched the several episodes about Robin's Childhood, I wonder if the author were indicating that Japanese government are trying to erase some parts of history, for example, the war against China.
I remember I've ever mentioned the war which broke out 60 years ago, one of my Japanese friend has never replied my emails since then.

Wow.. you've got a point there.. I just read this thread
loremar
I actually like One Piece. But I wasn't able to follow the entire series. I can't even remember where I stopped.
aoisubs
One Piece is nice... I'm 317 in the manga yet!
inuyasha
aoisubs wrote:
One Piece is nice... I'm 317 in the manga yet!

317 in the manga? What's it in the TV series? I'm keeping on with TV series only. Already the latest~
veevoo
anime one piece is a funny movie and is also very challenging to look at.
inuyasha
veevoo wrote:
anime one piece is a funny movie and is also very challenging to look at.

You mean it's too long? Yeah, it took me two months to follow the latest episode~ I began to watch it last June. Very Happy
drunkenkoz
I kind of broke away from this anime just recently again. It's one of those animes that's fun to watch for a while, but the episodes get boring once you reach like the 200s.
codersfriend
I like the latest one piece now.. they all have changed and gained new abilities Smile
inuyasha
codersfriend wrote:
I like the latest one piece now.. they all have changed and gained new abilities Smile

Are you following the TV version of OP? I suppose so. Very Happy They just reunited and head to the submarin Gyojin Island, and showed what they learnt during the past 2 years.

I prefer the TV version as well. It's more vivid~ Surprised
codersfriend
Well I usually read the manga since it's more updated.. sorry I'm just kinda impatient
hahaha
but the tv animation is cool as well since the put more detail and action into it.. I just avoid the censored(kid's) version since it might be boring
donoob88
one piece is a cool anime, right now it's still going, videos and mangas still updating. i like the story, eating a devil fruit and gain skill/power, cool. i want to eat too. Very Happy but this new season after two years, luffy is so cool, can use his hidden skill 'haki' it can use it now to captain smoker and posibly to defeat him, even in admirals, i think luffy can defeat them now. and yeah, i love the new look of nico robin now, she is much prettier now. but zoro, ouch, why he is blind? i hope it's fake, i mean he is just closing his eyes, when he open it, wow, a cool hawk eyees Razz anyway all of them improve a lot. it's nice Wink
inuyasha
donoob88 wrote:
one piece is a cool anime, right now it's still going, videos and mangas still updating. i like the story, eating a devil fruit and gain skill/power, cool. i want to eat too. Very Happy but this new season after two years, luffy is so cool, can use his hidden skill 'haki' it can use it now to captain smoker and posibly to defeat him, even in admirals, i think luffy can defeat them now. and yeah, i love the new look of nico robin now, she is much prettier now. but zoro, ouch, why he is blind? i hope it's fake, i mean he is just closing his eyes, when he open it, wow, a cool hawk eyees Razz anyway all of them improve a lot. it's nice Wink

I suppose some kind of power must be hidden in Zoro's left eye Very Happy It's possibly related to his Haki. I'm not sure. But I can not believe he's blind, either.
jrzipagan03
Smile One piece...this is a one true nice anime, having a lot of episode of this anime, kinda freaking out because i did not continue watching it, i missed a lot of episode of One piece that's why i like to watch it again from the start so that i can enjoy it again and again, so if somebody has a full episode of one piece or knows where i can download the full episode of it, please do tell me as soon as possible, and ofcourse it must be free download, Surprised because i don't have a money to buy the full episode. Bleach and Naruto are more popular than One piece, i like this all. I'am very excited to watched it again so please help where can i download the full versions of one pice and the other two that i was mentioned before.. Wink Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
inuyasha
jrzipagan03 wrote:
Smile One piece...this is a one true nice anime, having a lot of episode of this anime, kinda freaking out because i did not continue watching it, i missed a lot of episode of One piece that's why i like to watch it again from the start so that i can enjoy it again and again, so if somebody has a full episode of one piece or knows where i can download the full episode of it, please do tell me as soon as possible, and ofcourse it must be free download, Surprised because i don't have a money to buy the full episode. Bleach and Naruto are more popular than One piece, i like this all. I'am very excited to watched it again so please help where can i download the full versions of one pice and the other two that i was mentioned before.. Wink Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

Why not try veryCD? Ah... I don't know which language you speak, but The full episode of One Piece on veryCD.com is subbed in Chinese. Some English subbed episodes are offered at anime-online.net.
codersfriend
I like watching their journey.. It's full of surprises... and they're all kids.. most of them actually are teenagers Very Happy
inuyasha
Hey guys~ Are you still following the latest episodes?

What Fisher Tiger did shocked me. I didn't know he hated human beings until he died. He was slaved by human beings for years and murlocs have been looked on as just animals but not a race of human beings. Nevertheless he still pursued peace between murlocs and human beings.
"We are not nearly likely to live with human beings. I HATE HUMAN BEINGS! Peace only belongs to those kids who are still unware of the past. So....don't tell them what happened, please..."
It reminds me the relationship between China and Japan. Does Oda(the author) express his attitude towards the history?
drunkenkoz
inuyasha wrote:
Hey guys~ Are you still following the latest episodes?

What Fisher Tiger did shocked me. I didn't know he hated human beings until he died. He was slaved by human beings for years and murlocs have been looked on as just animals but not a race of human beings. Nevertheless he still pursued peace between murlocs and human beings.
"We are not nearly likely to live with human beings. I HATE HUMAN BEINGS! Peace only belongs to those kids who are still unware of the past. So....don't tell them what happened, please..."
It reminds me the relationship between China and Japan. Does Oda(the author) express his attitude towards the history?

I haven't been following the series much recently, I'll probably pick up where I left off within the next week or two.
codersfriend
The manga is way ahead than the anime.. and better read that too Smile
richbroke
One Piece is one of my fav anime ... i never read manga seriously but one piece made me want to know how its going on so much i started reading the manga cant wait for whats coming next.
In One Piece the fillers are actually good not like in other anime where they are just annoying but it has it's flaws too ...the fishman arc atm has been dragged so much glad when its over ^^
albiemer
PureReborn wrote:
o.0 Cant believe One piece hasnt been mentioned but lately Naruto and bleach has been getting more popular.

I'm keeping up with the manga. havent watched any of the anime except for the movies though.

Have to agree that this is so much more epic that Naruto or Bleach.

"You aren't even worth killing, foolish little brother."
Utachi Said
inuyasha
albiemer wrote:

"You aren't even worth killing, foolish little brother."
Utachi Said

Question What does the sentence really mean? I can't see your point now. Why do you quoted PureReborn's post and typed it?
numed2012db
codersfriend wrote:
The manga is way ahead than the anime.. and better read that too Smile

I know right! Am reading the manga as soon as it is released and... Such a wonderful piece of work is actually not part of the stickied topics up there? How is that possible! Come on One Piece fans! We can do something to get this stickied!

For those who have yet to read One Piece, You have got to read it or watch it!
Code:
http://www.mangareader.net/103/one-piece.html
Iceaxe0410
One piece is probably going to go on for a very long time. I remember when I first started reading it, it really pulled me into it. It's definitely a good story line and keeps it interesting which is why it's so popular. The only problem I can think of is that they spend way too much time in some places. It does kind of drag on at some parts, but it pulls you right back in. I think it has a good balance between filler and exciting battles. It's also planned out very well. Sometimes you have to think way back to the beginning for some references. There are so many mysteries that probably will randomly show up in the future. If it's one thing about One Piece, it's that they hold back just enough information so it keeps you guessing for quite some time.
alphysudaria143
I love One Piece! I used to wait for weekends to see new episode of One Piece. One Piece has a very interesting story specially when they get into a new place and had new enemies. Very awesome Smile
rolle2010
Great anime but recently they started to drag on too much with the story. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Arrogant
I also prefer ONe Piece . Its funny and interesting.. They have just recurited the team members and its already that much of episodes
No flash back memories like in Naruto
But naruto and bleach are also good
Pippo90
I am a huge One Piece fan. I am glad that you have opened a thread about it! Smile
biolu
I really think One Piece is a great manga, somewhat deeper than Naruto (that I still like a lot). I didn't really like the drawing at first but little by little I really started to appreciate this unique style.
the_emissary
Has anyone figured out the source of his power?
Habagat
For me one piece is one of the best anime of all time. You just can't have enough of the straw hat pirates and their adventure to fulfill their dreams and see luffy become the pirate king.
aviaryan
One piece rocks. I will like to see all the straw hats dreams being fulfilled.
Elon66
This anim looks childish and bad drawed but I'll try to have a look.