FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gif animator? or flash?

Gif Animator or flash?
GIF Animator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Flash
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

roys000
Hello guys i was wondering if webs allow gif animators to be used or do we have to use flash?Well normally i see people use flash i think it is because its not so complicated while gif animators is or is it that gif animators is not so commonly used for designing.

If you use Gif Animator or flash,please vote on it

Thank you for reading my post hope you guys would like to vote on it so i can decide which one is more practical using. Smile
jmlworld
I don't use both of them for design purposes, however I prefer flash over gif animation because flash is more professional.

Any way, I would recommend anyone to stop abusing animations in design. Animations are intended for advertising and something similar, but we should not use it as part of our website layouts.
meep
Well an animation is ok for a banner, like a slideshow, as long as it doesn't change too fast and doesn't take 30 secs or something to load.
roys000
Cool so flash would be more practical to use?as maybe the loading time for gif animators may take too long and the Frame rate will be too slow i would consider using flash since over 70% of webs uses flash but for devices to view the flash animation e.g the iphone,ipad and ipod touch they would not be able to view it
meep
well with flash you can create a banner that changes when a user clicks on it, but this can also be done with javascript or something, but in general if you want animation as a banner i would use flash for it since gifs repeat themselves (and maybe you just want it to loop once).

and I'm not sure but i guess flash is smaller in size when it's a big image
Flakky
Flash is better I think. GIF has limitations and can easily become quite big and bulky. You should try out both and see what you like better. And test on your website to see how it reacts.
chatrack
Flash is good to professional sites. Animated gif run even in mobile browsers
D'Artagnan
Right now i find gif to be a poor choice for animations, unless its something specific or just for fun, i solely use gif for some tipes of images that look better in gif then in jpeg
ankur209
Flash is in trend or can say is in the boom phase.

gif were used ages before.For a good,attractive website u need to have flash included in that.
So my vote is for Flash...!! Wink
deanhills
I agree with jmlworld. I really hate flash movies as part of opening a Website for example. It should be straight and simple and easy to access right off the bat. Not a "warming up period" before one gets to the main Webpage.
pentangeli
Both are considered to be archaic lately, what with apple trying to phase flash out completely and adobe clinging to it as their proprietary nestegg. It's about greed more than practicality as you may discover. Youtube certainly don't agree. Flash itself is a very useful format from everything to music, video, animation to simple and elegant image uploaders. Most sites rely heavily upon it and I don't see it going any place soon, regardless of who owns the brand/format. In that respect, flash (with all it's many machinations) is way more important than gif animation. And what with the new age of phone and mobile internet usage, if flash with it's preloaders are becoming unusable, then I don't know what to say for a user side progressive loading file extension that hasn't changed since the 80's! Gifs are okay in small quota. They can deliver a small piece of visual animation effectively (on forums and places that don't allow flash) but honestly a flash file of the same dimensions will always be more than half the filesize, whether it be swf, flv or otherwise. No contest. Unless you'd like to open a youtube page and wait for a video to load each frame individually - without sound. It'd crash any modern browser in seconds.
Flakky
pentangeli wrote:
Both are considered to be archaic lately, what with apple trying to phase flash out completely and adobe clinging to it as their proprietary nestegg. It's about greed more than practicality as you may discover. Youtube certainly don't agree. Flash itself is a very useful format from everything to music, video, animation to simple and elegant image uploaders. Most sites rely heavily upon it and I don't see it going any place soon, regardless of who owns the brand/format. In that respect, flash (with all it's many machinations) is way more important than gif animation. And what with the new age of phone and mobile internet usage, if flash with it's preloaders are becoming unusable, then I don't know what to say for a user side progressive loading file extension that hasn't changed since the 80's! Gifs are okay in small quota. They can deliver a small piece of visual animation effectively (on forums and places that don't allow flash) but honestly a flash file of the same dimensions will always be more than half the filesize, whether it be swf, flv or otherwise. No contest. Unless you'd like to open a youtube page and wait for a video to load each frame individually - without sound. It'd crash any modern browser in seconds.

My cellphone has no flash though I can watch YouTube videos using their application OR I can go to their website and watch the video. I think they use something else than flash for it. It can't be java as I don't have it on my cellphone.
pentangeli
If that's an iphone it's called HTML5, my friend, and it's Apple's attempt at creating a proprietary branded format (similar to their MP4 - which was very successful in greed lust) that only they own the rights and royalties too (similar to the flash format that adobe acquired from Macromedia) that they want to faze out and take all the business from. It's all about greed and power. Mainly power. Both companies have more money than sense so it's not about business and it's never been about practicality. They can never have enough power. That's what it boils down to. Look at google Vs Facebook. Same story.