FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Asimov

berserk
Isaac Asimov.

This men was a science-fiction author. He also published a lot about scientific subjects. He was a professor at MIT.
He was the first to find the word "robotic", as the science of robots.
He wrote a lot of novels about them.
His most important book is the cycle of foundation. It's the description of the human world in the future with its discovery of intergalactic trip, telepathy, future predication by science, advanced science like robotic, destruction of Earth, and so on.
This is a classical book in the world of science-fiction. I'm a complete fan.
Try this one!
Ioana
I agree a lot, that he's a really grate author, liked a lot of what he wrote.
About what is his most important book one could quarrel, but it doesn't matter really. I would just recomment the robotic stories too..
Hippie
I just finished reading most of the foundation series. He's a great writer, lots of cool ideas. A pioneer in the area of science fiction really. I also just finished I, Robot, and I think its really interesting how incredibly little the book has to do with the movie. Its completely different. In fact minus the three laws of robotics, the only thing in common is the title. Just trying to make a few extra bucks on the movie by having the same title...retarded.
rip8fan1
Isaac Asimov was a great author, and I named my son Isaac!!

His Robot books, and Foundation Series are his best known, but do yourself a favor and get some of his other works! He has so many to choose from, you might find it hard to decide which one to read, but almost anything from him will be worth your time!

An interesting side note (maybe), is that Mr. Asimov always wrote his books, or stories, without ever going back in to edit them.
Grimboy
I'm going to get hold of some Asimov as all I've read from him so far is a couple of his short stories from a collection. This >> http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=i_robot << pretty much sums up I, robot. Rip8, that is quite interesting as his stories seem to flow as if they were happening.
shabda
I am a total Asimov fan. Read all the foundation series books, most robotics books. I like foundation for the scope of its imagination. A whole world created in his imagination. And how can anyone write so many books based on just three laws. Total genius. But I am not soo keen on his Galatic empire books.
jenus
Hey does anyone have read all the books from Asimov, does someone knows all the books that he wrote???
rip8fan1
I've not read them all, but here is a link:

http://www.asimovonline.com/oldsite/asimov_catalogue.html
sub
this guy was a genius. i loved his stories, but unfortunately my library only had a few books of him. i went to the state library to find more, but i think a few people stole a few Evil or Very Mad

i loved the foundation series, and i, robot. the movie for i, robot was slightly better than the book, however. or atleast that's what i thought. but they missed quite a few things in the movie...

sub
indeedwrestling
sub wrote:
this guy was a genius. i loved his stories, but unfortunately my library only had a few books of him. i went to the state library to find more, but i think a few people stole a few :evil:

i loved the foundation series, and i, robot. the movie for i, robot was slightly better than the book, however. or atleast that's what i thought. but they missed quite a few things in the movie...

sub

The movie and the book have about two things in common and one of them is the word "Robot". I was so disappointed.

The foundations series would be an amazing mini-series. At first, I'd think something like this is too complex but I look at the adaption of James Clavell's Shogun and realize there is so much that can be done.
cfackler
I read the Foundation series when I was younger, and I remember loving it. I should reread it and see what new things I can get out of it. Asimov was genius at predicting some of the problems our society would have in the future.