FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How did they make this movie?

deanhills
Has anyone seen this yet - "I have something great to reveal"? It is a viral movie and a wonderful "humourous" way of saying thank you:

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1276401767643RA60

Compliments apparently of the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation. Does anyone know how they made the movie? Smile
mexiwithacan
My guess is that they are playing a movie clip and then layered a picture animation on top of it.

The dynamic referencing of a picture to be displayed may be achieved via something like what's talked about in this article "Dynamic Movie Clip Referencing in Actionscript".

But regardless, thanks for posting that link! The "app" is really cool, and I can definitely find some good uses for it immediately.
deanhills
mexiwithacan wrote:
My guess is that they are playing a movie clip and then layered a picture animation on top of it.

The dynamic referencing of a picture to be displayed may be achieved via something like what's talked about in this article "Dynamic Movie Clip Referencing in Actionscript".
Thanks for the link Mex. Looks as though that is exactly how it was done.
Captain Fertile
That movie is really fun and more than a little cool. My numb brain thought of simple green screen technology but when I realised the dynamic nature of the clip I realised there had to be slightly more to it. Very interesting clip.
Nemesis234
hmm, im obviously missing something. whats so good about it? is it just cuz its got a little frog man in? cuz to be honest, i dont really find that as hilarious as you guys seem to.

i really dont understand how this can be viral either, its starts off really slow, then the frog man is revealed and its still just as boring. there is no feeling of joy/happiness as im guessing that is what they were going for.
erlendhg
That's really cool!
It really shows how Flash can be used in new and creative ways to create dynamic content.
Actually, I would guess that this technique isn't all that hard to do, even though it probably takes some work, of course.

What mexiwithacan said, seems logical. I would guess for simplicity in making this, that each scene or cut, is separated in Flash, so that it would be easier to time the movement and matrix transformation of the image in each scene.

I think it is really well done. Thanks for sharing.

Nemesis234 wrote:
hmm, im obviously missing something. whats so good about it? is it just cuz its got a little frog man in? cuz to be honest, i dont really find that as hilarious as you guys seem to.

i really dont understand how this can be viral either, its starts off really slow, then the frog man is revealed and its still just as boring. there is no feeling of joy/happiness as im guessing that is what they were going for.

I guess you haven't been on the forums for very long, when you don't recognize the avatar picture of Bondings, our Site Founder and Admin.

The cool thing about the clip, is of course, that you after watching can make your own version of it, by uploading the picture of "our hero", replacing Bondings picture in this particular clip. You see?
deanhills
erlendhg wrote:
The cool thing about the clip, is of course, that you after watching can make your own version of it, by uploading the picture of "our hero", replacing Bondings picture in this particular clip. You see?
Thanks erlendgh, that is right on. I still find it amazing how even the size of the photo is adjusted to every scene in the movie clip. Sort of itches a person to get into editing of movies, and who knows, one of these days it is going to be so simple and straightforward, we may be able to do even more creative productions with just putting in basic photos. I'm also very impressed with the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation. Kudos to whoever created a viral film like this for getting people to pay their broadcasting subscriptions.
Magicman
I've seen lots of similar videos to this one but none of them where this complex. This is a really great campaign. It did take quite a while to load the first time but I'd say it was well worth it.
ProwerBot
I've seen things like this before, but this is definately the most interesting one. Bondings definately deserves it, seeing as he is offering the best free website hosting I have ever seen in my life. 3 years and I still have yet to find a better one.
Vrythramax
That is just too cool! Applause
Bondings
Great, I'm officially a hero now. Very Happy
Aredon
I guess I don't see how exactly it's dynamic? I also didn't realize it was about bondings until I read further in this thread lol. I was like "hmm that looks a lot like bonding's avatar..."
Shadowninja7194
I have no idea haha. im not to good in this stuff anyway haha. CGI mabye?
standready
Bondings wrote:

You mean it was unofficial until now.

Cool flick! Don't know how it was done but I like.
menino
Yes, I've seen similar videos where even the person's face is animated, like shaking Obama's hand and picture put on a bus, and similar.

Its a good video, though.

But Bondings, I didn't know you were our hero, untill now... for making this site, and giving free webhosting for posting. Its a great idea, and I've not seen anyone follow in your steps.
Vrythramax
Bondings wrote:

You have *always* been a hero to some of us B Very Happy
HalfBloodPrince
Dancing
polly-gone
I thought it was an ad for Frihost at first or something. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Shadowninja7194
I think they used charlie the unicorn to make this movie..you know he is magic XD
polly-gone
Shadowninja7194 wrote:
I think they used charlie the unicorn to make this movie..you know he is magic XD

I'm calling shenanigans.
Shadowninja7194
Cool Its not that at all...its pure Magic..

Well if your high then its magic but if your not then its just stupid CGI Very Happy
manmast

AftershockVibe
Wait... that's a frog-man? I always thought it was E.T.!

Viral and educational Wink
andysart380
AftershockVibe wrote:
Wait... that's a frog-man? I always thought it was E.T.!

Viral and educational Wink

now im lost am i missing hidden sarcasm or is that not E.T?
guissmo
That was an interesting find. Very Happy
truespeed
The old one can't be viewed now,they have a new movie.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
The old one can't be viewed now,they have a new movie.
Thanks for pointing it out. Pity it is gone, as I think I prefer the old version. I'll wait for a new one that is less "noisy" and more worthy of the cause and then adapt it and update the original posting's link. Smile
Shadowninja7194
haha, thats not a bad idea Very Happy
bjornhoogeveen
Whaha this I never have seen before...!! How funny! Great job to the makers...!
Arty
Probably the same way they make the effects in most movies: replacing a specific color with another layer, probably green.