FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Enhance Computer Speed By Adding More RAM





Meit
In the fastening era of computers speed of computer always seems low according to the current demand and we always seek for upgrade but in most of cases rather upgrding the whole motherboard we can do it alone with RAM. Adding extra RAM in your system will give your hard drive less pressure and will cut off the cost of buying new motherboard. Extra RAM will enhance the speed of the computer too. People often buy new CPU to increase the speed of the computer that requires changing of motherboard also which will cost you a lot. Moreover you can add RAM by yourself with a minute. Nevertheless these days RAMS are really cheap as compare to older days
you can easily buy a RAM of 1GB in 1,000 or even low

People using Internet should always use at least 1 GB RAM in their system to get better speed and performance.

Before buying a computer RAM always check whether the RAM would support your motherboard or not, not all motherboard support all type of RAMS.
Different type of RAMS are RD , SD, DDR1, DDR2 etc RAMS. Also do check if the RAM is of best quality and the chip used in it is branded. Do a proper research before buying a RAM.

Also keep in mind that not all the times RAM will be able to speed up your PC as it works propotional to speedof CPU, like it would be totally worthless to add 2GB of RAM in a cpu of speed 733 Mhz But if your CPU speed is atleast 1.5 Mhz or higher then RAM size of 1GB to 2GB will greatly improve the performance.

Important note: Never use 4GB RAM unless you are using 64 BIT Operating system, as 32 BIT OS cant access RAM beyond 2GB, This thing is known by very few but its truth.
jilbs
Meit wrote:
.. like it would be totally worthless to add 2GB of RAM in a cpu of speed 733 Mhz But if your CPU speed is atleast 1.5 Mhz or higher then RAM size of 1GB to 2GB will greatly improve the performance.[/b]
[/i]


well said. but i guess this one should be 1.5 Ghz.
saratdear
Also, can't 32 bit OS support upto 3.5GB of memory? As far as I know, it is 3.5 and not 2 GB.
rickylau
Meit wrote:
Also do check if the RAM is of best quality and the chip used in it is branded. Do a proper research before buying a RAM.
Quite pointless... How can I do? I've learnt nothing from this line.
badai
if you are using dedicated graphic card, it will use that extra 3.5G of RAM, so it's ok to have 4G of RAM for your 32-bit windows. in fact, most graphic card when it see you have 4G, will use up to 1.5G that you will be left with only 2.5G for windows.

this is only for dedicated graphic card, and some built-in. most built-in however will only get the shared memory after windows already boot and use part of the 3.5G.
jilbs
badai wrote:
if you are using dedicated graphic card, it will use that extra 3.5G of RAM, so it's ok to have 4G of RAM for your 32-bit windows. in fact, most graphic card when it see you have 4G, will use up to 1.5G that you will be left with only 2.5G for windows.

this is only for dedicated graphic card, and some built-in. most built-in however will only get the shared memory after windows already boot and use part of the 3.5G.


hmm. i disagree. dedicated Graphics card has their own memory chips or modules installed. So no need to mess with the system memory. Smile
badai
any device can steal your system RAM even before your BIOS start loading. in fact, new graphic card can even fool your windows they are one of the CPU.



remember, people can end up here when they google "speed up yor computer".

jilbs wrote:
badai wrote:
if you are using dedicated graphic card, it will use that extra 3.5G of RAM, so it's ok to have 4G of RAM for your 32-bit windows. in fact, most graphic card when it see you have 4G, will use up to 1.5G that you will be left with only 2.5G for windows.

this is only for dedicated graphic card, and some built-in. most built-in however will only get the shared memory after windows already boot and use part of the 3.5G.


hmm. i disagree. dedicated Graphics card has their own memory chips or modules installed. So no need to mess with the system memory. Smile
WS001
It's Important to view the compatibility's size of RAM with a ChipSet in MotherBoard
ProfessorY91
Meit wrote:

Important note: Never use 4GB RAM unless you are using 64 BIT Operating system, as 32 BIT OS cant access RAM beyond 2GB, This thing is known by very few but its truth.


I couldn't have said it better. Very true, and one way that people get screwed over when buying computers from department stores. Know your specs, people! Know your specs!
Related topics
porn virus
What is the difference between L1, L2, and L3 cache?
RAM
Windows Vista
Want to extend computer speed?
How Come My Computer didnt get faster when i added RAM?
2 different speed of RAM
Adding RAM caused Vista to "de-activate"
Everything freezes; even BIOS
Serious computer problems.
winspooler.exe
A site to test computer speed?
upgrading an OLD computer
Settings for Increasing Computer Speed !
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.