FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dell Warranty Service

paul_indo
I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 notebook which I bought in November.

On Wed night the charger stopped working so Thursday morning I rang them and gave them the details. They said they would send me a new charger the next day, Friday, if they had them in stock.

That was the out,or so I thought. I would get a call the next day telling me they had no stock and maybe one day they would get new stock and send me one, that is the norm for Indonesia.

But no, to my amazement I received a new charger, free of charge no delivery fee or anything, at 4pm Friday.

The notebook is brilliant and I was surprised the charger failed but the service is beyond belief.I bought Dell because of their reputation and now I will never buy any other brand of notebook.

This is actually my second but I bought the last one second hand and I sold it a few years ago after a trouble free 2 years of use.

It's so unusual these days to get service like this that I thought they deserve a free plug on the forum.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Fire Boar
paul_indo wrote:
The notebook is brilliant and I was surprised the charger failed but the service is beyond belief.I bought Dell because of their reputation and now I will never buy any other brand of notebook.

Careful about that. Companies change over time. Don't be so close-minded as to stick to one particular manufacturer, Dell is good, but so are other manufacturers, such as Asus. Just having one good experience isn't enough to completely discount any possible interaction with other companies.
paul_indo
You are right Fire Boar but I still think that the service was outstanding for any company.

also it is my second Dell as I said.

There are indeed lots of good manufacturers but I think we all have loyalty to those who give us good service and maybe they will let us down one day but most people still stick with their favourites.