FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obama’s Ass Quest 2010

jmi256
Here’s a pretty funny skit from Jon Stewart’s comedy show, The Daily Show, this week which he titled “Obama’s Ass Quest 2010”* addressing Obama’s recent remarks. Some of what Stewart says is dead on, and it’s interesting to see the left starting to take Obama to task for his failures where they have been largely silent and/or dismissive up to this point. But even when Obama attempts to fake indignation in the face of his dropping popularity he comes off as detached.

Video: Obama’s Ass Quest 2010
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-8-2010/ass-quest-2010

(I'm not sure if the use of "Ass" is against the TOS. It doesn’t seem like it would be considered an offensive word to me, especially in this context, but if it is I will edit the thread.)
Bikerman
No, I think I've previously had to rule on that - though perhaps not in this forum.
My opinion remains unchanged - the word is not offensive to me or others I know, seems in fairly wide usage, and appears (at least here in the UK) on national media before the watershed - though often in the English form - arse.
I'm happy enough with it and I don't think any of the other mods have a problem - although, like many things, it is probably best used in moderation to make specific points, otherwise it looses whatever comedy/shock value it possesses.

Unfortunately the show is not available here in the UK, so I can't comment on it (Channel 4 have the rights to the show over here so I guess part of the deal is that it is blocked because we, no doubt, are some time behind the US in the scheduling). I do often watch the show and I like it.
Alaskacameradude
jmi256 wrote:
Here’s a pretty funny skit from Jon Stewart’s comedy show, The Daily Show, this week which he titled “Obama’s Ass Quest 2010”* addressing Obama’s recent remarks. Some of what Stewart says is dead on, and it’s interesting to see the left starting to take Obama to task for his failures where they have been largely silent and/or dismissive up to this point. But even when Obama attempts to fake indignation in the face of his dropping popularity he comes off as detached.

Video: Obama’s Ass Quest 2010
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-8-2010/ass-quest-2010

(I'm not sure if the use of "Ass" is against the TOS. It doesn’t seem like it would be considered an offensive word to me, especially in this context, but if it is I will edit the thread.)

Haha funny stuff.

'He has to kick his own ass. I hope he's been doing Yoga'

or after Obama talks about how his healthcare bill is a 'complicated issue'

'So SIMPLIFY it. You're the president. If we can't fix the bleep that's too complicated, maybe we should just quit doing complicated things until we get the fundamentals down.'