FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Friendly Photography Forums

bjwok
hey folks,

just thought i'd promote my new site:

http://www.friendlyphotographyforums.com/

be keen to hear what you think Smile
msphoto
Most awesome site! So, this is your FriHost space you earned? Did you did the technical work yourself? How else are you promoting it?
Flakky
Site looks great Smile I want to get in photography some time if I have the money. This site looks really helpfull Smile

I hope the site will grow as most of the content is your own and you probably want some stranger's pics as well
bjwok
thanks guys.

msphoto: no this is not my frihost hosted site, i'm paying for this one Smile

the whole forum is based on a phpbb theme, however i've tweaked it to be able to contain the front page pic and a couple of other things like the About page etc... i've been promoting it through my facebook and through word of mouth. i'm aware it will take a while to gain momentum and members, however over time i envisage a great community that is looked after by it's mod team Smile

flakky, thanks buddy. yeah i've been pretty vocal on there to start with. there are three other contributing member so far and they've been posting away Smile nice!

also, voting for the front page pic is a few days away from closing, so if you haven't already, please vote over here: http://www.friendlyphotographyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38
bjwok
Sey guys,

Submissions for the December front page pic over at the friendly photography forums are now open!

Submit your best photograph to have it voted on and then possibly take the front page position for the entire month of December!

All the details are over here:

http://www.friendlyphotographyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=197

cheers Smile
bjwok
hey all,

just a update to let you know submissions for January front page are now open:

http://www.friendlyphotographyforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=222

post your best pic to have it up on the front page of the friendly photography forums for the whole month of january with links to your port or flickr or facebook or whatever you like!
sonam
Site is very nice but is toooooo big for my monitor (1024x768). Maybe if you can use some script to resize or css to streach divs.

Sonam
bjwok
thanks bud,

the thing with the site being that large is that we have consciously made it large to accommodate higher resolution displays. photographers want to see their images in the largest resolution possible, so the site was designed to be LARGE!
sonam
bjwok wrote:
thanks bud,

the thing with the site being that large is that we have consciously made it large to accommodate higher resolution displays. photographers want to see their images in the largest resolution possible, so the site was designed to be LARGE!

Hmmm. this is OK, but how I know monitors are 72dpi or 96dpi and this is resolution what you can see. Nothing more. Everything higher (150dpi, 300dpi) are wasting of loading time and bandwidth. The different think is if you need to download this image.

Sonam
bjwok
?? i think you're confused mate. dpi refers to dots per inch and is only relevant when you are printing an image.

i thought we were discussing the physical size (width, measured in pixels) of my site. it sounds like you are referring to a specific image?
the_crystalguy
this is a nice site specially the recent pic is so good! i am also deciding to submit any of my pics to your site! Smile
bjwok
cools. thanks man! join up and submit away Smile